Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Do you make a photo or take photos?

Some people capture the world as they see it, and some people imagine, frame, compose, set up a scene for their photos. Which one are you?

I think sadly, I fall into the former camp these days - I feel like I'm documenting precious moments in my family's lives.

Am I doing myself a disservice - do I need to be more purposeful in creating images that capture the imagination?

A bit of both for me, but mainly the former. Most of my photo's I take for myself and my family.
Sometimes I set out with an object in mind. But for me it is a hobby not an obsession.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Touche. I find that most of the time I shoot the world as I see it. I've never really been an artistic sort of person so creating things I find to be much harder.

Having done events here and there while I was in the earlier stages of learning my fundamental techniques has given me a stronger alignment to the photo journalistic style of shooting.

Its always nice when you can successfully convey the emotions and atmosphere you experience while attempting to take a photo and I'm always learning how to do that better since I'm probably still a long long way from getting there haha

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 3, 2020, 06:59