Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Doverow Hill

Up the hill a few yards from me; I've never once seen it from this angle and can't see the telegraph poles at all from any other viewpoint.
Handheld at about f5 with the 70-210 today in a 5-minute gap in the rain.

[Image: Dove%20RowST.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I really like the photo and what you've done with it. The monochrome really suits it, and the lighting is excellent. (The frame might be a touch heavy for the photo, though.)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I think this is a very attractive, yet intriguing photo. Somewhat unusual and a great example of "thinking sideways", to quote Freeman Patterson. I believe the frame gives the photo an appropriate, aged appearance. Regards.....Dennis

Ta for the thoughts, gentlemen. I'm unsure if this helps, yet I made a proposal of marriage at that very point of the hill. The lady and I are both Christians and it "felt right" for want of more detail here. When I saw this hill for the first time from this angle just the other day(despite having lived here for 11 years,) the hill just looked a bit, well, "Calvary"-ish, which all combined for a most "decisive moment". (er, perhaps moreso, as whereas the lady said "yes", she in fact had a change of mind).
Most..peculiar.

(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Very interesting Zig. I saw this photo last night, but it was just too late and I was too tired to post any kind of coherent comment, but here’s what I thought when I saw it. First of all, technically, I love the treatment. It gives it that looking-into-the-past feeling. More than that, the photo drew me in, like I was standing right there next to that bush or tree in the foreground. Standing there, I feel I won’t linger in this spot much longer. I need to either go over the hill, down the other side, or back where I came from. I find it intriguing that you are physically looking at this spot for the first time from a different point of view. Maybe emotionally too?

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Good thoughts. No, but that sort of thing crossed my mind.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Nov 12, 2011, 09:37