Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Driftwood

The weather here is so wet and nasty , but i had to get out of the house . I shot a few shots here is one of them . thanks for any comments ....

[Image: _MG_6510%20copy%205.jpg]

......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Pity to know that you have bad weather. I am happy you went out anyway... Smile

I have also taken pictures of those old trunks in the ground, I like those pictures a lot. I think your conversion in this one is very nice. You have separated nicely the colors. The trunk is the one that is not too beautiful to make it a subject of your picture I think. But as a practice for BW I think that it worked very nice...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks Irma ,

Yea the tree wasnt what i was looking for , but then again i was out just playing around . There are plenty of places out there that i can walk ( it is a lake bottom ) to find some intersting shots . I have deffenatlly learned a lot in the past couple of days .

Thank you for your input ........ Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Well just goes to show it is worth going out regardless, always pushes you to find new and interesting things. Nice shot, good interest in it although I would go for more contrast (do I always say that on B&W shots :/).

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

I also like shots of old tree trunks. Having said that, I think there is some room for improvement here. The crop is not quite right - too much on the top and it feels a bit cramped on the side. It feels like it should have been a landscape mode shot rather than portrait mode. I also feel that the sky is a bit too blown out to warrant a third of the frame. Sorry to be critical, Drake, but it is that forum...

Thanks Navis and Toad ,

i knew when i was shooting that this isnt what i was after , but i thought i would still try . There is so much more out there that i couldnt get to but i will go again and see what i can get ....Thanks for the input ....

........ Shawn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by shuttertalk
Apr 20, 2005, 01:08