Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dusky Neighborhood

[Image: moonduskSM.jpg]

[Image: duskySM.jpg]

[Image: frontdoorSM.jpg]

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Too grainy.
Poor whitebalance.
Tilted horizons.
Burnt out in places.

Snapshots.

Bad snapshots.

Why not? Compare to Adam's if you will.

I try to be tolerant, but the Lord knows that I'm terrible and deeply flawed. Sorry.

Cave canem

I like the color treatment on #3.

Guys, please be sensitive to each others feelings, especially when they take the trouble to share some piccies for us to look at. We want to promote a place where people are encouraged to share, instead of discouraged due to overly harsh or critical comments. The last thing we want is for this place to turn into a PhotoSig. I know everyone has different tastes and art styles, so do be genuine too, but just do it with a pinch of grace (unless you're commenting in the Photo Critique forum).

I don't want to start editing or deleting posts, but I will if I'm forced to.

I agree re PhotoSig. I don't know whey anyone would post there - so unfriendly - so hyper-critical.

Thats why I think the "critique" section is so helpful. Like it or not, its a useful tool for some. I really like it and comment regularly. I don't comment on "showcase" photos any where near as much because, anything short of "nice photo" is considered unappreciative.

.............If I/we/he/she/they/you don't want critical feedback, then don't post critical feedback. It works both ways...................

Now, back to this subject matter. I LOVE the first shot!! The off angle composition makes the entire photo for me. The remaining two are "nice photos".

Keep posting Don!

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

er....thanks guys

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

shuttertalk Wrote:Guys, please be sensitive to each others feelings, especially when they take the trouble to share some piccies for us to look at. We want to promote a place where people are encouraged to share, instead of discouraged due to overly harsh or critical comments. The last thing we want is for this place to turn into a PhotoSig. I know everyone has different tastes and art styles, so do be genuine too, but just do it with a pinch of grace (unless you're commenting in the Photo Critique forum).

I don't want to start editing or deleting posts, but I will if I'm forced to.

Julian
Do you have this paragraph ready for cut'n'paste Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post