Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dweling - Canyon de Chelly, Arizona

[Image: Anasazi%202.jpg]

Wow, interesting indeed. I see some paintings on the rock - is that from way back?

In terms of photography, I like they way you've positioned the posts - the foreground ones provide a contrast between the background ones.

shuttertalk Wrote:Wow, interesting indeed. I see some paintings on the rock - is that from way back?
Thanks - and yes - those are ancient petroglyphs painted by the cliff dwellers that lived in the canyon from about AD 500 to the mid 13th century. The dry desert air and relative remoteness of the canyons have preserved both the paintings and the dwellings in very good shape.

Very nice composition, the repetition between the fences and the horizontal quasi-division of the picture into green and red part. I feel tempted to take a whee bit off the bottom, a cm or so, where there is only fence. looks very close to the magic 5:8

Uli

wulinka Wrote:I feel tempted to take a whee bit off the bottom, a cm or so, where there is only fence. looks very close to the magic 5:8
I agree - unfortunately I feel compelled to do all my photos at 1280 x 1024 these days, because that is the magic ratio for my digital frame... To trim the bottom, I would need to pull in the sides, and I wanted to keep all the foreground posts intact.

This is another forgotten photo from 2004. It just goes to show that you should occasionally review your reject pile - might discover something...

Wow! Amazing sights Rob. I envy you for being able to see this in person. Great photo. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I like a lot your composition in this one, because of the way you framed the construction between the poles. The colors are great!!

I always come back to my old pictures and I always find something interesting to play with.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post