Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Eagle Catch

Hi there!

After a lengthy pause I'm back to photography... Smile

[Image: RD0X56404142flat.jpg]

The pictures were taken during a bird show in our favorite wildlife park and stitched together with photoshop.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Beautiful!
Such skillful hunters, and I love the way you presented this.

Welcome back.

WB G , i like the way you stitched this together . Nice catch ( pun intended Big Grin )

....... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Welcome back!

It's a great way to present the series. But since it's a stitched shot, is there any way to adjust the positioning to get rid of the overlap between the departing birds' tail and the striking birds' wing?

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanks for the friendly welcome! Smile

Matthew: I didn't even try to get rid of the overlap. I used PS photomerge to align the pictures automatically, frankly I don't know exactly on which part of the picture the algorithm based the stitching. It felt just right the way it came out. The overlapping parts were, of course, cut off, so I had to edit them in afterwards.

However, I think the birds' positions (with the overlap) represent the true positions of the eagle's flight pattern. Moving the left eagle to the left would change the angle of the eagle heading back up from the water surface. To remedy this, I'd have to move the eagle upwards a little, but then the wing position wouldn't be right anyway. So, I think the overlap is technically ok and gives a little extra interest to the picture. Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Browser Mike
Aug 29, 2015, 01:12
Last Post by ikisshorses
Feb 16, 2015, 06:58
Last Post by matthew
Dec 27, 2011, 17:54