Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Eat your heart out Sydney Opera House

The latest flats in London, look ready to take off and fly south for winter. Rolleyes Mind you with a beach like that, I would be off in summer as well. Big Grin

[Image: Westminster%20Bridge_%20St%20Georges%20Riverside.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

It is nice to see an architect with a sense of humour. I'm surprised the municipal planning office went for it, though.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

And places like St Pauls Cathedral, are hidden in a mass of modernity. Makes me want to weep
My home city is the same. Beautiful victorian buildings torn down and replaced with glass panelled concrete blocks.
Rather akin to the steam trains going out of fashion and being replaced by buses on tracks. I know they were dirty and smoky and noisy, but they had life. :|

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Great sharp photo

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks Don. A handy wall for stability, and to stop you falling into the River Thames. Wink

Lumix LX5.

Wonderful photograph... and yes, architectural these new buildings seem nice but but I am still in Wiltshire... Salisbury and Devizes... How much I loved the houses, the typical houses... If you ask me, I always prefer the old houses...

This was so nice dear NT, Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

nia Wrote:Wonderful photograph... and yes, architectural these new buildings seem nice but but I am still in Wiltshire... Salisbury and Devizes... How much I loved the houses, the typical houses... If you ask me, I always prefer the old houses...

This was so nice dear NT, Thank you,
with my love,
nia
----------------------------- - - - - - - - ----------------------------- - -- - - - - - - ------------------------- - - - - - - --------
The old houses are what we live in, and the new ones we take photo's of. Big Grin

I am trying to put a set together using 'JAlbum' but it keeps adding photo's I have not asked for. Rolleyes When I sort it, I will add a link.

Thanks Nia and I have been enjoying your Wiltshire blog.
A very interesting blog.
I am pleased you found different parts of the UK to your liking. We have a biggish (to us) country and very varied landscapes. You can travel 10 miles and feel you are in a different land. i.e. Wiltshire (where you have just been), Yorkshire (the largest and best county), The Lake district (with hills and valleys and of course, lakes) , Lincolnshire (very flat, good for cycling), Norfolk and Suffolk (the Broads and little picturesque rivers) and our capital city London (which expands for miles and is photogenic and expensive).
I imagine that you have different areas in Turkey too, that you love and admire.
Have you seen (on the BBC site) that Bournemouth has had flash floods in the last couple of days, due to localised heavy rainstorms.

Lumix LX5.

NT73 Wrote:The old houses are what we live in, and the new ones we take photo's of. Big Grin

I am trying to put a set together using 'JAlbum' but it keeps adding photo's I have not asked for. Rolleyes When I sort it, I will add a link.

Thanks Nia and I have been enjoying your Wiltshire blog.
A very interesting blog.
I am pleased you found different parts of the UK to your liking. We have a biggish (to us) country and very varied landscapes. You can travel 10 miles and feel you are in a different land. i.e. Wiltshire (where you have just been), Yorkshire (the largest and best county), The Lake district (with hills and valleys and of course, lakes) , Lincolnshire (very flat, good for cycling), Norfolk and Suffolk (the Broads and little picturesque rivers) and our capital city London (which expands for miles and is photogenic and expensive).
I imagine that you have different areas in Turkey too, that you love and admire.
Have you seen (on the BBC site) that Bournemouth has had flash floods in the last couple of days, due to localised heavy rainstorms.
.... Smile I loved what you said, to live in old houses and the new ones you take photo's... Made me smile but I am same with you all...

I know dear NT, your country has a wonderful landscapes and also so appreciated nature life by you all. And also I know there are a lot of parts to visit and I am sure, I will love as much as Devizes/Wiltshire... How do I know? Because of your photographs, Yorkshire... amazing place too. I just had a chance for this time, to visit Devizes, Bournemouth and London (even not was very well for London) but I know there are a lot of places that I would like to visit. Who knows maybe in the future again...

I haven't known this flash floods in Bournemouth. What a bad weather, and also this hurricaine in USA makes me afraid I hope and wish our friends are in safe now there...

Thank you for sharing with me and also to visit my Blog,

Have a nice day,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 28, 2018, 16:55