Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Eekholt

Eekholt is the name of a wildlife park near Bad Segeberg. We've been there this morning and brought back some pictures. This is just to start the thread, the rest will go here as well so as not to open too many threads and confuse you guys... Big Grin

Friends

[Image: 309_DSC_0099_framed.jpg]

They have a flight show there... Beautiful thing to watch, but a hell of a challenge for the autofocus. Mine actually failed the test, so there won't be many pictures of birds in flight here.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Owl

[Image: 309_DSC_0101_framed.jpg]

A Girl And A Bird

[Image: 309_DSC_0107_framed.jpg]

A birdie Smile

[Image: P1030999bird2.jpg]

Sorry because of the name, but the show was in German. Sad

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Here is the "birdie" flying proudly with it's prey (I think it's the same bird, and it is a kind of falcon)

[Image: 309_DSC_0084_framed.jpg]

Peacock

[Image: P1040031bird3.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

Amazing photos you two. Excellent job. I'm envious. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks Colin! Smile

Falcon Approach

[Image: 72_309_DSC_0114_framed.jpg]

Wow! Stupendous!
--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Showing just the beauty of the bird. As his feet were not beautiful I cut them off Smile

[Image: P1040042bird4.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

Feeding The Animals

[Image: 309_DSC_0266_framed.jpg]

The girl was having so much fun feeding the animals! Smile

More great shots. Irma, great to fill the frame that way. Well done! Smile

My flickr images

Thanks Colin, I am very happy you like the pictures. I has very unhappy because I cut of the feet of the poor bird. But at the end I thought it was looking interesting. It's very nice you find it nice as well. Smile

Paul Cezanne

This will be the last one for today (at least from me) Smile

[Image: 309_DSC_0311_framed.jpg]

Awesome! Keep'em coming. Smile

Quote:Thanks Colin, I am very happy you like the pictures. I has very unhappy because I cut of the feet of the poor bird. But at the end I thought it was looking interesting. It's very nice you find it nice as well.
It hardly matters with this image. You compensated nicely by filling the frame. You did so with the perfect subject. I don't think anyone could dissagree with that. Smile

My flickr images

Ok, so who's cutting and pasting photos from National Geographic? Big Grin

Just kidding, fabulous job you two! The birds are so beautiful! And the photos are exceptional!

My favourites are "Friends", "Birdie" and "Owl"...

Nice shots guys! Keep em coming.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

I Love the photo entitled "A Girl and a BIrd". Fantastic!

Nice shots, I too prefer the shot of the Eagle owl on the girls arm.

Sensational photos guys.. keep them coming!

Its stuff like this that inspires me to get off my lazy bum and go outside and take some photos of my own. Smile

And what is it about birds and photography? Really?

Why is it I spent the first 30 years of my life not caring about birds much at all (they are just rodents with wings), but now I'm into photography whever I see one I instinctively reach for my camera and love seeing photos of them?! It makes no sense! Can somebody explain it to me please?
I actually have some bird photos from last week I haven't posted yet, but they are pretty ordinary compared to these fellas, so I might just save the bandwidth and go find something else to shoot Smile

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

You know Adrian, I think that photography does that to all of us. It opens up a whole new perspective on things and how we view them. I totally agree with not taking notice with many things but once interested in photography the subtle things in life come out.

My flickr images

Yes! Seeing something - no matter what - while carrying a camera, I take it in in an entirely different way. I try different viewpoints, look at the details, try to find the hidden beauty, and then go back to the big picture. I try to see contrast, highlights and shadows. I watch out for disturbances, and I slowly learn to wait a little for the perfect moment. I think I can safely say that taking pictures changed my life. For the better, so far. Smile

And, by the way, thanks for your generous comments!

Yes, thanks for your comments. It was really a pleasure to go shooting with this guy called Guerito Smile He got nice pictures, and I learned a lot. We went today to the lake we got some nice pictures, we will post them probably during the week.

Paul Cezanne

I've noticed that same distinct change in how I view the world since getting interested in photography, and I think it is probably more valuable than the images that are the end result of the photography itself. Its almost as if I've developed a new sense of vision, and is quite profound.
I walk around noticing things I never have before - and almost all of them I find fascinating and quite beautiful. I have a much greater appreciation for the area around where I live now, and a much greater desire to travel more.

I don't need to be carrying a camera to appreciate this, and I quite deliberately look for shots without a camera and put my mind through the same decisions as if I had one with me.

I remember reading once about a race-car driver who wrote that he used to walk everywhere as if he were racing a car. When doing any walking during his daily life, he'd take every corner as if he were racing at full speed, trying to enter the corner perfectly, pick the ideal racing line through it and then maximise his exit. He wouldn't need to walk any faster than normal, but just imagine he was doing it all in slow motion. I tried it and it worked! Not only did it help my driving (I used to race radio controlled cars), but it also made walking more fun! And it is so subtle that nobody even notices you doing it. It's all in your mind.
A few months ago I decided to apply the same principle to photography and start taking "mental photos" all the time, even when I didn't have my camera with me. It not only helps me practice and develops that sense of visual appreciation, but ensures I always have a list of interesting places to go back to and interesting scenes already figured out to shoot when I have a real camera handy.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

I must be following these forums with my eyes half shut!
How come I have only just noticed these great pics? :/

Cave canem