Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Emerging Peony Bloom

This photo of a peony bud about to burst into full bloom began as a RAW NEF. It was converted to a TIF in Paintshop Pro (PSP) X7 raw editor and transferred to the PSP editor. Cropped and resized and then, used TOPAZ Simplify Split tone preset to adjust to my liking. Then back to PSP for a quick additional background blur and unsharp mask and saved as a JPEG. Frame and logo were added in Faststone Image Viewer. My goal for this photo was to achieve a soft look with some sharp detail on the petals while keeping the original color of the emerging bloom. Looking for other photographer’s opinions. Have a GREAT DAY!

Jeffrey Anderson

On my Monitor, (Only calibrated via Photoshop), it appears a bit flat, although this may be what you intended. Ed.

To each his own!

Thanks Ed for looking and your comment. Yes, I did intend for a softer look with some detail. This photo does appear a little flat here. I think it is because of the lower resolution and smaller size to enable posting here. It is better at full size and higher res (300 ppi).

Jeffrey Anderson

To me you have achieved your aim and produced a pleasant image nicely framed.

Photography is a never-ending journey

Great work, love the soft focus, yet keeping enough detail to keep the eye entertained. Very nice.

(May 31, 2015, 04:46)Plantsman Wrote:  To me you have achieved your aim and produced a pleasant image nicely framed.

Thanks for looking and your kind comment. I posted a low res downsized version of this on my Facebook page and got a lot of good comments such as yours. Have a GREAT DAY!

Jeffrey Anderson

(May 31, 2015, 09:09)EnglishBob Wrote:  Great work, love the soft focus, yet keeping enough detail to keep the eye entertained. Very nice.

Thanks for your comment and opinion. I like it myself. Have a GREAT DAY!

Jeffrey Anderson

Beautiful for sure!

It does look clean and simple, ideal. Interesting photo. This is not a shot. It is a photograph.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

(Jun 1, 2015, 11:28)Jeffbridge Wrote:  Beautiful for sure!

Thanks for looking and your kind comment.

Jeffrey Anderson

(Jun 1, 2015, 19:31)Don Schaeffer Wrote:  It does look clean and simple, ideal. Interesting photo. This is not a shot. It is a photograph.

Thanks for looking and your comments. I tried to make it just a bit artistic.

Jeffrey Anderson

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by czkid
Apr 1, 2015, 18:32