Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Engagement shoot from Sunday

Hi Everyone,

I will be photographing this couple's wedding in January - hopefully Adrian (aka Kombi) will be joining me.

It was a great day in Perth's beautiful Hyde Park.

Please ignore the bright strip and the white cloth - they will be fixed in post. I was shooting from a tree branch directly over head and had no where else to go.
[Image: Engagement1.jpg]

I favour a tighter crop with this one as I cut their hands.
[Image: Engagement2.jpg]

A pull back from the previous shot showing the branch I shot from
[Image: Engagement3.jpg]

Last one
[Image: Engagement4.jpg]

Comments welcome.

Canon stuff.

the second is definitely my favorite, it conveys a very sweet atmosphere. 3 is nice too, the burnt out water in the background slightly distracting though.
for 3 I would have liked to get a little closer, and I am not sure I am too keen to see his bare footed sole up close, maybe he could tug his food under somewhere?

Anyway, lovely shots, they look very much in love.

Uli

I like the look of the engagement photos -- they always seem more natural and provide a nice "real world" counterpart to the wedding day photos. I can't imaging getting a couple in their best outfits into the pose of #1, but it's a great look. And as Uli said, #2 will be really strong once it's cropped down a bit.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I really like #1 - but maybe it would be better with the heads at the top - not sure - but I am lying on my side trying to visualize it...

Thanks for the comments.

Canon stuff.

the one from above is a fantastic angle.. great! but im with Toad on turning it 90 degrees.. i find myself tilting my head everytime I look at it.

be honest... I can take it.
-

www.lukeray.com

Looking great there Chris.

I really like the idea behind #1 (and the idea of you hanging out of a tree branch trying to take the shot Big Grin). I'm a bit with Luke and Toad about wanting to tilt my head when looking at it though, but I like the fact it is horizontal not vertical. I think it's just because it is tilted down slightly past the horizontal.
I hope you don't mind, but I rotated it about 15deg and cloned in the resulting gap (the background makes it nice and easy).
What do you think now? Toad and Luke, do you still want to tilt your heads?

[Image: 42_42_Untitled-1.jpg]

Great job avoiding dark shadows in shots #2 and #3 too. A tight crop on #2 would look fantastic.
And I should be available in Jan too Chris. I'd be happy to shoot this wedding with you.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Thanks for the redux on the first one Kombi - once they select final pictures for print I will be going along the smae lines. Although I hadn't picked up on the slight rotation needed, thanks for that. Mind you I was more worried about falling on top of them than getting it straight in camera Big Grin

2 and 3 had off camera flash on camera left outside of the frame pointing to the back of their heads. You might be able to pick it up on number 2 if you look at her hair - there is a shadow wher her shoulder is blocking the flash. I was trying to get it to look like some sun falling through the trees onto their heads. Unfortunately my assistant was my 7 year old daughter and she was doing her best to hold a 7 foot high monopod and flash from falling over - not always successfully in position. But we had fun and she is a friend of this couple.

I will e-mail you some dates this month - promise Smile

Canon stuff.

Lovely pictures, Chris.

I see the shadow you say in #2, but I didn't see it before just because you mentioned it. Their expressions are very sweet. All pictures look so natural. Beautiful green color, very cheerful! it goes so well with the color of the clothes.

Do you advice them what to wear when you take pictures like these?

I wouldn't know which one to pick as a fav... All are beautiful... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks for your comment Irma. We did chat about clothes a little. The main thing I said was to try and complement each other and not to wear green - as we would be shooting into a gackground and they would disappear Smile

Cheers.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Tony Britton
Jun 14, 2016, 06:12
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jun 13, 2016, 08:25