Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

English Countryside.
Photo 

This was taken on our trip to England in 2012. We went out to the moors and then further south and west. This had to be the most beautiful area we saw on our entire trip. I have cropped it as I was standing on a roadway and it was in the bottom right of the frame. Your thoughts on this picture are appreciated.

Attached Files Image(s)

Life is good. Capture it!

Really cool picture, and the sheep were kind enough to make it even better. Congrats!

Couple of good jumpers there. Ed.

That is a wonderful picture. Didn't know that sheep were camera "hogs"!

Clicker,

I love this photograph, it stirs many memories for me.

Record shots are sometimes the most evocative of all, but for some reason have an unimpressive reputation. There must be a good many places which look similar to this in the South West UK, and this reminds me of some of the places I used to frequent during my teen years when I used to ride a motorcycle. Can you remember where you took it? I'd love to know.

Many thanks.

Phil.

(Dec 22, 2013, 17:57)Phil J Wrote:  Clicker,

I love this photograph, it stirs many memories for me.

Record shots are sometimes the most evocative of all, but for some reason have an unimpressive reputation. There must be a good many places which look similar to this in the South West UK, and this reminds me of some of the places I used to frequent during my teen years when I used to ride a motorcycle. Can you remember where you took it? I'd love to know.

Many thanks.

Phil.

Here is the info from that day of travel. Hope it helps some!

Mon., July 9

Off we went to Dartmoor moors for the day after our usual great breakfast of anything we wanted!. First stop was the Drogo Castle constructed in 1910 with 16thcirca - 19th century furnishings and attributes (candles in the dinning room were electric!). The gardens were very nice too. It was huge, but due to financial problems, the original owner and innovator scaled it down to about one third the originally designed size! I found the servants quarters, kitchens, and bedrooms the most interesting part of the castle.

Of course then it was lunch time, so off we went to the pub were they served us too much food. The ploughman’s lunch of bread a cheese, chutney, ham and butter was really tasty. They packed up the huge piece of rustic bread, cheese and chutney for us to enjoy later as a snack. We walked our lunch off in a near by churchyard ..Trinity Church.

We traveled around to the far side of the moors at Tavistock and went right through on B5. It was amazing for weather with dark clouds and rain on the mountain tops and sunshine on and off. The road was hampered by sheep who just lay or wandered around on them. When we stopped to see the ponies on a hill (mountain) top we could see for miles and miles. It was a vista of sun drenched fields, mist covered valleys and dramatic clouds.

Two of the ponies would not let us leave. They backed themselves up to the trunk of our car and no amount of coaxing could make them move; however, a gentleman (farmer) came to our rescue and swatted them on the rump yelling something at them...voila, they scurried away. Later we saw those ponies backed up to our rescuer’s car!

Driving through the moors, we came upon a pub with “Cream Tea” on a board outside it. So of course we went in and had our first experience with Devon clotted cream, warm scones and jam. It was a meal in it’s self. We wondered down the road to the stone bridge just off the road over a stream. The sun was out hallelujah!

Cheers!
Sharon

Attached Files Image(s)

Photo 

I just wanted to add an edited version for discussion. The 1st post was with slight adjustments and I realize now that it does not portray the fact that the sun was bright and close to the horizon. This post is closer to what I saw that afternoon and why I stopped to take the shot. Well...perhaps a bit saturated... but closer.

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kombisaurus
Oct 17, 2005, 13:06