Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Evening reflections

Took this last night about 19.30 hrs in cloudy conditions. Do you think it is too dark?
Aperture Priority, f/11, 1/50sec, ISO 800, 18mm focal length.

Attached Files Image(s)

Jane, on my monitor, it is not too dark. To me, it lacks a bit of punch, here is a bit of free licence! Pity thr Reflections Contest is over!! Great potential, well done. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Jane, to me the image doesn't look too dark for those conditions. However, you can see, against the white background of this forum, that the cloudy sky and white walls of the houses have a blue cast. I would guess that your camera has used a sunny/daylight white balance setting to record this image. Using a cloudy white balance setting would give a more natural appearance, with better greens and a more grey look to the cloudy sky. I think the image also needs a slight clockwise rotation - the house walls are not quite vertical.

E.g.-

Cheers.
Philip

Exposure looks good to me, details in shadowy areas, looks as I would expect an early evening shot to look.

[Image: IMG_9358%20-1.jpg%20b%20-%20Copy_zps4nnpbxo1.jpg]

Hi Jane, a very nice image and example of reflections; all I have done is to remove a hardly perceptible blue colour cast and to add a the minimum of contrast.

Photography is a never-ending journey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jun 7, 2015, 11:43
Last Post by RobS
Nov 7, 2014, 11:17
Last Post by EdMak
Jul 27, 2014, 03:45