Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Exit

I took this picture long ago, probably some of you might remember a very similar I posted then. I remember to have mentioned that the landscape was too boring and I didn't include it in my picture. I found today that with a bit of working I could change the landscape... Wink

[Image: IMG_6679-Edit.jpg]

Thanks for your comments and advice... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I like it. Surreal and not boring. Did you use the channel mixer for this effect?

I like it Irma , looks like a great technique !

... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

An interesting and entertaining image.

The sky is very pretty, but it doesn't really add to the composition. Cropping to a 4x5 ratio might strengthen the tree.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

It's good!

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

I don't think the sign is in quite the right place. The tree is too close or something.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Toad,

This time I worked with selective color and gradient. First brightness in the fields to give light and then curves to make the contrast, with the same selection gave the brownish color with selective color working whites and neutrals.

The color of the sky was given with a gradient I did at the moment with brown and blue, blent to overlay. To make the colors brighter I have another layer with a photo filter in green opacity around 30 blend to soft light.

Curves at the end to give the final contrast to the whole picture.

The only thing I don't like too much is that in this case I worked a lot my transition between field and sky and still I have a little halo. The good thing is that the contrast in not so hard there so it is not so visible.

Matt, I cropped a bit to place the tree in composition but I like your idea. I have never used that 4x5 crop. I tried it and yes the tree looks great and the idea stronger. I was affraid I ended up in a monotonous color picture but still I get a bit of blue of the sky. Thanks for the advice... Smile

Don, I am happy with the position of the sign as far as composition is concerned, what I was not too happy with was the arrow pointing out of the frame. But the idea of going out of the winter landscape/season to... anywhere else was interesting to me. At the end that was the idea I wanted to give... Smile

Thank you all so much for your comments... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Keith Alan
Sep 15, 2007, 02:18
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Mar 13, 2006, 22:09