• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Explosion

Camera Model Canon EOS 650D
Shooting Date/Time 09/11/2013 22:05:25
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/200
Av( Aperture Value ) 4.5
ISO Speed 4000
Lens EF75-300mm f/4-5.6

I've put this image up here mainly for a bit of info.
This was taken on Nov 5th at a firework display.
I managed to catch the firework at the exact time it exploded but it looks extremely grainy.. I know the higher the ISO, the more grainy it looks.
How would I correct this ??

Attached Files Image(s)

Canon EOS 650D with 18-55 kit lens/ 75-300 zoom/ 100-400 zoom
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125137869@N08/

what software are you using? You could try many thing to cover remove those grains. But it is a matter of blending those margaritas not too fine not too course Smile You could try reducing Noise using Lightroom or photoshops. Or try to levell down exposure, blacks, and/or whites.

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

I am no expert, but, if you had put this on continuous shooting, apparently noise is random, so combining results may help. I have done this on a static shot, and did see a difference. Tried to de-noise your posted image, not much point posting result, here is a direct Link to the jpg https://app.box.com/s/9sydc07fp84asqavb33r would have been better working from original. Interesting to see your comments/thoughts. Ed.

Sorry, ........... I was asking for the correction of my settings, not digital correction!
I use Paint Shop Pro and have done for the past 18 years so I think I am pretty conversant with the program.
I try not to post edit any images I put up here. What you see is what I shoot.
The only thing I do, is crop and that is mainly to get the size down so that I can post here.
The original is just the same as above, only reduced by 50%....
I will try to put the original here now .............
edit > No, I get this message > "The file you attached is too large. The maximum size for that type of file is 1024 kilobytes"

Canon EOS 650D with 18-55 kit lens/ 75-300 zoom/ 100-400 zoom
https://www.flickr.com/photos/125137869@N08/

have you downloaded the pic from my Link. and conpared? Ed.

I would have used a much slower shutter speed. When looking at fireworks with your eyes, a large part of what you see is the image being retained in your eyeball. Using a slow shutter speed will have the same effect on your photo. As the light from the firework is brief and moving, having a shutter speed as low as 1/30 will make the picture look much more like a firework. This will mean you need to use a lower ISO setting and you will have a lot less noise - also, the noise you do get will be less noticable.

Actually, I don't think your picture is particularly noisy - that grain is mostly down to the fact that the light you are catching comes from small pieces of burning material - with a fast shutter speed, you are getting a clear picture of each piece of burning material.

As I said, the light is brief and moving so you will have no problems with camera shake at low hand-held speeds.

Camera may have a Fireworks setting? Ed.

Not a 650D, Ed.

Surprised. Even my Nikon Coolpix compact has this. Ed..

(Nov 28, 2013, 17:53)EdMak Wrote:  Surprised. Even my Nikon Coolpix compact has this. Ed..

I'm not.
Those kinds of scene settings are mostly seen on p&s and maybe bridge cameras.
Not on prosumer and pro interchangeable lens cameras.

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
D2Xs, D200's, D100's, LightRoom, CS-CC
2HowardsPhoto.biz

(Nov 28, 2013, 16:08)John M Wrote:  I would have used a much slower shutter speed. When looking at fireworks with your eyes, a large part of what you see is the image being retained in your eyeball. Using a slow shutter speed will have the same effect on your photo. As the light from the firework is brief and moving, having a shutter speed as low as 1/30 will make the picture look much more like a firework. This will mean you need to use a lower ISO setting and you will have a lot less noise - also, the noise you do get will be less noticable.

Actually, I don't think your picture is particularly noisy - that grain is mostly down to the fact that the light you are catching comes from small pieces of burning material - with a fast shutter speed, you are getting a clear picture of each piece of burning material.

As I said, the light is brief and moving so you will have no problems with camera shake at low hand-held speeds.

I agree with John.

And so does Canon.
http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/resources...icle.shtml

Valley of the Sun, Arizona
D2Xs, D200's, D100's, LightRoom, CS-CC
2HowardsPhoto.biz