Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Farm building.

I took this as the farmer came out of the drive on a tractor and asked "What are you doing"
"Taking a photo" Says I. Rolleyes
"Why" Said the farmer. :/
" Well Its photogenic" Smile
" What is"? :/
" Your barn" Says I.
"What for" says he.
Well I take it back and alter it on the computer and make it into something like an oil painting, and showed him the shot.
"Oh thats good" says he, and drove down the road.

Anyway what do you think. Does it need a dog or a sheep in the foreground.?

[Image: barn.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Original image for comparison.

[Image: IMG_1207.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

...or maybe that inquisitive farmer...

Nice by the way...

Thanks Toad.

It is only using a few of the PS filters to get a soft pastelly look.

Lumix LX5.

[Image: barn_jpg_pagespeed_ce_KU_yGJNOYu.jpg]

I haven't seen this photograph too, dear NT! Sorry, I miss photographs. This was a nice one and yes, it would be so nice to find a dog, sheep etc. It could add a motion to the photograph. But in any case I loved it, and if you don't mind I played a little bit on this, this was my mind what wanted to see Smile

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Here's me a year overdue Big Grin

Lovely shot and treatment. I can see what nia's getting at here...I'd burn in the road texture on the RH foreground and again on the sky, as the diffuse glow does blow out some of the good stuff.
If you weren't into burning in(brush set to Shadows at 3%), then doing the diffusion thing on another (duplicated)layer and then erasing the effect on that layer with the eraser tool(again, set a soft and large brush) in the sky and foreground, would give the same result.
As it is, I love the texture..sort of halfway to IR; lovely work nt.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Hmm...had a wee think...attempted to convey what I mean, but very quick and dirty I'm afraid...

I know, time on me hands.....

[Image: 1207-zigged.jpg]

[Image: 1207zigged2.jpg]

(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

nia Wrote:I haven't seen this photograph too, dear NT! Sorry, I miss photographs. This was a nice one and yes, it would be so nice to find a dog, sheep etc. It could add a motion to the photograph. But in any case I loved it, and if you don't mind I played a little bit on this, this was my mind what wanted to see Smile

Thank you,
with my love,
nia
No I don't mind you having a play.
I believe we all wish to see something different. If we didn't we would not be human. Smile

Lumix LX5.

Zig Wrote:Here's me a year overdue Big Grin

Lovely shot and treatment. I can see what nia's getting at here...I'd burn in the road texture on the RH foreground and again on the sky, as the diffuse glow does blow out some of the good stuff.
If you weren't into burning in(brush set to Shadows at 3%), then doing the diffusion thing on another (duplicated)layer and then erasing the effect on that layer with the eraser tool(again, set a soft and large brush) in the sky and foreground, would give the same result.
As it is, I love the texture..sort of halfway to IR; lovely work nt.
Thanks Zig,
As you say 12 months on and I could not even tell you what I did to the original. I only know I wanted it to be dreamlike rather than realistic.
The conversation with the farmer was at the time of taking the shot and maybe the inspiration for PP after.

I will save your info for another day.
And your treatment is fine. I cant imagine where the sky came from though. The small original or the large altered one.?

Lumix LX5.

The small original.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Oct 7, 2013, 16:31