Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ffloods in England

It has just been on the TV News that parts of Gloucester and Kent are awash. Gardens swept away etc.
Zig lives in Gloucester and Pol I believe in Kent so I hope they are both OK, and any others who are in the lowlands.
I, so far have been fortunate. It was sunny this morning with a blue sky.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I hope all is well with them , and you stay safe ...

.......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Hope you stay fortunate NT - its sunny today after 2 weeks of rain, however we have been told there's more on the way. Lots of damage to the Newcastle & Maitland areas here and the cleanup is still going on.

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

I am fine, been gardening today, quite sunny where I am.
We seem to be in a little pocket that misses all the nasty stuff.Wink
Last night we had one downpour with thunder and lightening, and then nothing.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6221006.stm

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Let's hope they are well...

Happy to know you are fine NT... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I've just spotted this thread.

We're fine here in West Kent - no floods in our particular area and we're also on high ground and not in a flood plain. We had torrential rain and thunder a couple of nights ago but no damage of any sort.

Yesterday afternoon we drove down to South Kent (about 30-40 miles away and there was some slight evidence of heavy rain in that the marshland ditches were full to the brim, but it was a clear, sunny and warm day when we were able to enjoy the beach.

The flooded areas of Kent were in and around Dover and Folkestone, which is on the English Channel coast and maybe about 70 miles SE of where we live. Folkestone seems to be having a bad year as they also had an earthquake a few weeks ago (about 4.8 on the richter scale iirc). The Channel Tunnel emrges at Folkestone/Cheriton too and I gather services are still running as normal so I assume they considered it was still safe.

I must admit I'd be a tad wary of driving the length and breadth of the UK at the moment though as the weather seems to be very unstable and kind freaky this Summer! :o Sad

Polly

Glad to hear you are Ok.
We get the news on TV and immediately fear the worst.
An army friend of my wife's father was harbourmaster at Folkstone years ago, so I know the area although not like the back of my hand. And a cousin of mine (and myself for a very short time) lived in Crawley. (When you could drive round the airfield,Big Grin) and through London in 15 minutes.
Visited a lot when his daughters were young.
Littlehampton/Brighton etc for days on the beach.Smile

Lumix LX5.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by de_axeman
Sep 26, 2004, 16:58