Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

(Final) ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest March 2014: Black & White

Copy of original thread without comments for those desiring to review pictures only. Thank you.

ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest March 2014: Black & White

Category: Black & White
Contest Begins: March 1st, 2014
Contest Ends: March 31st, 2014
Open To: ShutterTalk Digital Photography Forum Members
Contest Type: International Photography Contest
Prize: Amazon Gift Card (Undisclosed Amount)

Guidelines:

Submit up to three photos of digital photographs showing your most creative photography in black and white. This can include anything that is family friendly - scenery, people, trees, flowers, objects, and more.

Images must be posted here in this forum thread and be owned legally by the contributing member. Please also submit information about where the photo was taken along with some brief details.

Digital photography entries should be family friendly and be taken within the last 90 days from the date of entry into the contest. A small amount of post processing is preferred. The photograph should be interesting and draw the individual into the scene and have few distractions.

Judging

Judging will consider different criteria including, but not limited to, creativity, relevance to category, and photo quality. Judging will occur when the contest ends and results will be posted in the forums as soon as possible.

Letting Others Know about the Contest

We would love to let others know about our contests. We plan to have a contest each month. If you have friends who love photography, please let them know!

If you love social media, please share with your media friends about the contest on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, your blogs, everywhere! We would love to have them in here in the forums and be a part of the contests!

Questions?

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Sharing. The Christmas spirit in the wild.
Diane Dahlin

Attached Files Image(s)

HELLO THIS IS PIC OF MY GRANDSON

Attached Files Image(s)

New picture - Old Boat

Man and Best Friend

Playing round with studio lighting. Nikon D300, Nikkor 35mm F1.8, 1/125 sec, F11, manual. Grab shot taken at end of session.

[Image: 10713945836_1f0a2916a2_o.jpg]

Lou-Lou

[Image: 8651861111_f3bd28171a_o.jpg]

hello this is a statue of who is a mystery

Attached Files Image(s)

Subject, Brother-in-Law. Taken whilst he was sitting at my desk.

B & W conversion & cropping in PhotoPlus.

Nikon D300, ISO 500, F/8, 320Sec, Bias -0.7, Metering - Pattern, 36mm, Manual Exp, Auto White Balance. Single off camera SB800 @ 45 degrees, Custom Shop snooted grid, (Cereal Box & Black drinking straws)

Here is my first entry. It's called Poppy's Christmas Pudding. Taken on a Nikon D3200 with a 35mm lens.. Only post production was conversion to black & white in iPhoto.

Attached Files Image(s)

A bit pensive. Wedd, two weeks ago. 60th@5.6 400ISO 35mm lens setting, no flash. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

This is one of my Mum. She always poses for me no matter how unglam I am going to make her! Took this as a close up, specifically for B&W, then applied a 'Andrzej Dragan' style to the image by converting to B&W and adjusting the colours till I achieved the desired tones, applying 2 adjustment layers to adjust the levels and curves. I then duplicated the original layer, applied a high pass filter (experimenting with how much until I was satisfied) and then changed the layer to overlay. I do hope you like it.

Attached Files Image(s)

I might have put up a colour version of this elsewhere, if so, apologies for the boredom factor. Smile

Techie Stuff,
Nikon D300, f/5.6, 160sec, 1000 ISO, Bias +0.07, 48mm, Manual, White balance - Auto.

Hi, here's a couple of jolly self-portraits and my favourite household machine - that is, a coffeemaker! Taken on Canon550D all indoors.

Street musicians in Prague. Real characters, and one great moustache!

If you like it, shoot it!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/simon_rose/

Here's three of my black-and-whites from the last couple of months.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi, my first offering in this contest, I found the broken van mirror at the side of the road and thought I could do something with it.
Nikon D7000
Exposure 1.3
Aperture f/8.0
Focal Length 50 mm
ISO Speed 100

Here are my final two entries. Adam is 2 and Hannah is 4. Both taken on Nikon D3200. No post production except for conversion to B&W in iPhoto as I don't have any other software yet. As a beginner I am pleased with them.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is Hannah aged 4

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is a scene I found on one of those hazy days of winter.

Another winter's scene.

Here is my third photo

Swim Sisters

A pair of fishing boats tied together for the night at Fishermans Cove, Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia, Canada. This small community sits just at the mouth of Halifax Harbour, the gateway to the Atlantic Ocean.

Nikon D3s; 1 sec exposure; Apeture f/13; ISO 200; Focal Length 48mm; Lens 24~70mm; Time of Day 2039Hrs; Date 04 March 2014

Fishermans Cove, Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia, Canada

I took this photo the other evening down at the local fishing wharf. Lobster Traps were stacked high on both sides of the government Wharf, ready for the fishermen to load them aboard early the next morning.

Exposure: 10.0 sec; Aperture f/22; ISO 20; Camera: Nikon D3s; Lens: Nikon 24~70mm

Location: Fishermans Cove, Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia, Canada

Hi I don't know how to post a photograph on here except via link to 500px , is this allowed if not can you tell me how to post direct on here?
Thanks
Geraint

Waterfall in Northumberland

http://500px.com/photo/57813240

Cameranikon d3100
Lens18-52
Shutter Speed10 sec secs
Aperturef/f 13
ISO/Film100

Looking towards Almscliffe Crag down Wharfdale, near Pool , Yorkshire early one morning

http://500px.com/photo/63216985

CameraNIKON D3100
Focal Length55mm
Shutter Speed1/15 secs
Aperturef/8
ISO/Film100

Hope fully these will appear now. I have tried to post before and have asked how to post twice but have not had a reply.

[Image: 57813240]

Cameranikon d3100
Lens18-52
Shutter Speed10 sec secs
Aperturef/f 13
ISO/Film100

[Image: 63216985]
CameraNIKON D3100
Focal Length55mm
Shutter Speed1/15 secs
Aperturef/8
ISO/Film100