Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

(Final) ShutterTalk Digital Photography Contest March 2014: Black & White

Snow Forest I happened upon the snow falling in this forest and it appeared to be snowing in area's yet not others. It was such a different perspective from the norm of a snow day.

This was taken in Litchfield CT during a snow storm in a Conservation. Taken with a Nikon D300, ISO 200, SS 60 F11 with no post processing other than a bump in Contrast.

Di

Attached Files Image(s)

(Mar 13, 2014, 15:18)gerainte Wrote:  
(Mar 12, 2014, 10:01)Barbara G. Wrote:  
(Mar 11, 2014, 13:10)gerainte Wrote:  Hi this still does not work.

First link is from 2004.

I have tried the second link method and it says my photo is too large and your site says the image has to be 100KB max. My image is 1024 kilobytes.

Surely this is some mistake or am I missing something. Any way I did post a link 2 two images via a link to 500px, hope this is OK, no one has said it is not?

Are your other entries within the time frame specified? If so, since you are having so many issues, we will allow it. We are not ignoring you in your question; if there are multiple questions we try to catch them all, but sometimes impossible.
Hi sorry to be a pain, yes the other pictures are in timeI think.
Here's my 3rd
http://500px.com/photo/62546901Thanks for your help
http://500px.com/photo/62546901

How about these couple?

No1. St Marys Church, Painswick, Gloucestershire, UK. Not strictly B & W but Sepia toned.

Techie Stuff.
Nikon D300, F/5, 640th/sec, ISO 200, 18mm, M/Mode centre weighted, Aperture Priority, White balance Auto.

No2. The east gatehouse to the church above.

F/5, 125 Sec, ISO 200, 46mm, M/Mode - Centre weighted, Aperture Priority, White Balance - Auto.

Hi Ed,

In which case, this is the main entrance to the church from the roadside. This church is right in the middle of the village and thus was built way before there would have been any need of such as a car park. Smile

Hi
This is my first time taking B & W and would love to have critique please. Taken on my kitchen table just practising with different settings ect. Wish I could get my pics to pop like I see in so many others photos            

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are three images taken along sections of the Grand Union Canal in Hertfordshire:

1. A group of moored narrow-boats:

f=40mm, ISO 200, f/8, 1/400s.

2. Over-flowing lock gates:

f=20mm, ISO 160, f/22, 1/6s, -1 EV.

3. The lock gate winding mechanism:

f=40mm, ISO 200, f/5.6. 1/100s, -1 EV.

Images captured with a Pentax K-5 II and a 20-40mm zoom lens. Photos processed in Corel PaintShop Pro X4.

Cheers.
Philip