Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fire in the Hole!

Canon Rebel XTi, 1/250s, F/5.6, ISO 100, 116mm

Can't decide on a final crop for this one, want to crop out the partial canon on the left, but then feel that doesn't give the off balance guy room to move.

?? Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

(Feb 26, 2015, 11:46)EnglishBob Wrote:  Canon Rebel XTi, 1/250s, F/5.6, ISO 100, 116mm

Can't decide on a final crop for this one, want to crop out the partial canon on the left, but then feel that doesn't give the off balance guy room to move.

How about cloning instead of cropping? That way you don't lose the space for the man.
Great capture.

Regards
Jane

(Feb 26, 2015, 12:00)EdMak Wrote:  ?? Ed.

Looks like we both had the same idea at the same time Ed SmileSmile

Jane

(Feb 26, 2015, 12:56)snaphappy Wrote:  
(Feb 26, 2015, 12:00)EdMak Wrote:  ?? Ed.

Looks like we both had the same idea at the same time Ed SmileSmile

Jane

Just seen what time you posted Ed, somehow I didn't see yours until after I had posted mine. A great improvement.

Jane

Hmm... they do make a bit of a bang don't they! Big Grin Used to watch some re-enactment lot at the Bosworth Field site do something not too dissimilar, albeit with artillery pieces not associated with 1485!

Great timing for the shot(!) and I see what others have done to "lose" the left side extras... my issue with that was the two identical tree trunks either side of the guy in the left distance... shame they were so distinctive... so I covered 'em upBig Grin

My next distraction was the face of a guy looking left in the smoke from the Canon air vent discharge - so lost that too... now I can see the focal point of the story...

Thanks for the share Craig... good image!

Kind regards
Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

or... ideally get rid of the two guys altogether too... no distracting elements there at all now... end of the day Craig, we can all mess with each others images, but it is how you see it that counts!

kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Afterthought ? Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

You left the guys face in the smoke.... Tongue

It works B&W too... Just wondering what Craig thinks of us editing like crazy! Still, a good image with lots of possibilities...

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Just thought it was a natural occurance, so left it. Ed.

To each his own!

Big GrinBig Grin

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Some great reworkings here, thanks for the work.

I'll probably be using this in a Photojournalism division competition, which unfortunately means cloning is not allowed, and why I was stuck between crop decisions. I may rework it and use a monochrome and cloned version for the pictorial division.

Oh, and I always post in Critique rather than showcase so that people are able to comment / rework images to their hearts content.

PhewBig Grin we good eh? Good luck with the image in the competition...

Kind regards

Rolf

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by delb0y
Jun 30, 2017, 11:13
Last Post by Zig
Dec 12, 2010, 02:48