Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First Iris of 2014

This is another effort to showcase my image. First iris of 2014.

And, the answer is, it worked. It was such a beautiful flower that I wanted to share it. Have a GREAT DAY!

Attached Files Image(s)

Jeffrey Anderson

I agree with you - the flower is one of nature's wonders. However, I find the frame distracting from the beauty of the iris.

Cheers.
Philip

(May 9, 2014, 05:31)MrB Wrote:  I agree with you - the flower is one of nature's wonders. However, I find the frame distracting from the beauty of the iris.

Cheers.
Philip

Thank you for your comment and have a GREAT DAY!

Jeffrey Anderson

Post a Larger Image please? Ed.

To each his own!

(May 9, 2014, 11:00)EdMak Wrote:  Post a Larger Image please? Ed.

Certainly. Here is a larger image. It is also a little higher resolution. I can still go much much larger. Here are some specifics. I took this with a NIKON D80 sporting a Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 lens at a distance of about 2.5 feet. It was post processed in Paintshop Pro X6 Ultimate. The original post was only 96 pixels per inch. This one is 300 pixels per inch. I process all my photos at 300 pixels per inch. Have a GREAT DAY!

Jeffrey Anderson

I'm sorry. I can not post a larger image since I am limited to 1mb and the next size up with some better resolution so you can really see the picture is 3mb+. This site is very limited. When I tried to attach a bigger picture I got a note saying that my image was too big. I do have it posted on another forum.

Jeffrey Anderson

OK! One more try. I took the frame off the picture and resized it. It is now 1 mb. So, here goes. Didn't work. Same message with the picture actually smaller than the 1024 Kbytes referenced. I resized it again and it is now 768 Kbytes. One more try. Voila! Here you go Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Jeffrey Anderson

That is beautiful! Excellent Shot!!!

Worth the effort, background a bit distracting, but acceptable. Ed.

To each his own!

With the frame removed, the flower is now prominent, and very beautiful - a lovely photo.

(There is nothing wrong with frames but they should be simple and unobtrusive, in my opinion.)

Cheers.
Philip

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Janika
May 21, 2008, 19:57
Last Post by Irma
Sep 18, 2007, 14:39