Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First time out with the 5D Mk III

So about 6 weeks ago I bit the bullet and went full frame, I bought a Canon 5D Mk III. This was my 5th DSLR and my first full frame sensor.

Ironically the same day I bought it I developed some health issues that have had me off my feet for over a month. Today I was finally able to get out the house and use it for a real shoot.

Resulting image is a 4 shot panorama, combined in Photoshop. The full size image is 10591 x 2957 pixels.

Canon 5DIII, 1/1600, F/5, ISO 100, 24mm.

Very nice! Glad to hear you are feeling better! Thanks for the share and congrats on the new gear!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Thanks Barbara, probably need surgery to get back to 100%, but I'll take 80% and mobile for now Smile

Nice one Bob, problem with a pic like this, it has to be seen as at least an A3, to be appreciated. Ed.

To each his own!

Hello Craig. Congratulations on getting your 5D III, but I think Ed has made a very good point. Even at its largest size posted here, this is an image that could probably have been made in software using images from any modern camera.

It is a pleasant photo of a pleasant scene, although for me it would be more enjoyable if it had included more of the Wishon Lake, or is it a reservoir - it looks like a dam on the right of the image?

The image presented looks a bit dull and flat to me - that could just be a matter of taste, although it looks like it was shot on a very bright sunny summer's day, so I would have expected more brightness, contrast and colour saturation in the scene.

If you still have one of your previous DSLRs, I think it would be very helpful to anyone here considering the move to FF, if you could make and post any comparison shots which illustrate the advantages of FF over APS-c.

It is good to read that you are now well enough to get out and about with your photo gear - very best wishes for your continued improvement.

Cheers.
Philip

Some of the flatness and lack of color is due to the smoke in the air, 2 wildfires in the area. a large on 30 miles NW and a small one around 2 miles behind me. I was also shooting pictures of the helicopters filling their water buckets from the reservoir.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Banded Drake
Jul 4, 2005, 12:26
Last Post by StudioJ
Apr 13, 2005, 22:52