Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First time using my Canon at Georgia Aquarium

I finally went there with my brand new Canon Xsi!
Still learning a lot but definitely enjoyed it!

[Image: 79_ATL5.jpg]

[Image: 73_ATL4.jpg]

[Image: 77_ATL2.jpg]

[Image: 29_ATL1.jpg]

Pretty good for a first attempt Kira.
The shark and the ray could be improved a little by desaturating the cyan in PS a tiny bit. But again for a first try, you should be happy.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Great shots - takes me back to when I shot there.

Congratulations on your pictures and your camera... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thank you all Wink As most of fishes move so quick and lighting in each tanks were different, so those were my main challenges but I would love to go back there again!

Great shots for a first time with the camera Smile

EnglishBob Wrote:Great shots for a first time with the camera Smile
Welcome to the forum Kira, nice to meet you Smile

As all my beautiful friends said, it was a great set for the first try! I can almost feel and understand how exciting it was. You really carried me too in there, I liked them all. But you will see your photography how improves in times.

Thank you, it was enjoyable too,
have a nice day,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Kira, as you said the lighting in the tanks is different. So next time try taking a couple or three of each shot using different settings.
I look at what I have taken, and if it seems odd I try again. Mainly the tanks are fluorescent lights, but the outside (where people walk) sometimes are tungsten filament bulbs.
Just keep trying and you will get more keepers than throw-aways. Smile

((The ones the governments are trying to stop us using.) I have glaucoma and I use eyedrops to counteract it. It causes my pupils to shrink, making anything indoors seem very dark. )

Bear in mind that you are taking photo's of something in water and also through glass. I tried to keep everything face on, hoping to lose as much distortion as I could.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
Apr 24, 2016, 15:32
Last Post by caveman
Mar 19, 2016, 14:18