Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A grand day out.

Not Wallace and Gromit. Although 'A matter of Loaf and Death' may have been more appropriate to the day.

It started at Warburtons bakery with a guided tour, but photography not allowed. No watches, rings, jewellery, money, wallets, to go in the factory. Apart from the safety gear we were almost stripped naked. Angel Almost. Big Grin
Then on to :- the next port of call.

This is one of a few taken at 'The Hepworth'. A new £35 million museum dedicated to Hepworth, and opened in Britain in May 2011 at Wakefield in West Yorkshire.
Barbara Hepworth being the sculptor in question.

And finishing at a large fish and chip restaurant..

This is part of an exhibition by Heather and Ivan Morison, depicting the life of 20th century novelist, Anna Kavan. (Info from the programme notes.)
The orb is filled with helium, and is anchored to the buffet by the cable supplying a light inside.

[Image: w3wIv.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Sounds like a fun day... the bakery must have been hilarious (well perhaps after, not during).

I had to do some IT work at a confectionary factory once, and they put their computer room on the factory floor itself. We had to don these thin fabric overalls over our clothes, masks, hair caps, etc. because we would be walking through the food processing area. I don't recall having to take anything off though.. Big Grin

(Apr 27, 2012, 00:14)shuttertalk Wrote:  Sounds like a fun day... the bakery must have been hilarious (well perhaps after, not during).

I had to do some IT work at a confectionary factory once, and they put their computer room on the factory floor itself. We had to don these thin fabric overalls over our clothes, masks, hair caps, etc. because we would be walking through the food processing area. I don't recall having to take anything off though.. Big Grin

Similar to that. yes. We didn't actually strip off. Blush (I was being a bit facetious) Big Grin

Hairnets, ear muffs, safety shoes(with steel toecaps), a coat with no pockets, Nothing in your own pockets, no handkies ( tissues were available, along with handwashing stations everywhere).
No visible piercings, not that I have any. Confused Spectacles and hearing aids were ok, but no watches or (fancy) rings. I guess anything which could have fallen into the product.
Everything was mechanised and on rails/tracks from start to finish.
Fascinating - and the way the dough goes from a square lump, into balls, and then cones, and then tubes, on the way to being dropped into the baking tin before proving and baking is way out. Along with slicing and bagging machines.
A shame that photography was not allowed.
We got some free samples to take home (A Loaf and Crumpets) Wink

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Nice frame on that shot. When I read the subject line, I also immediately thought of Wallace and Gromitt.

Thanks Toad. I should have made it a bit larger, and straightened a bit more.
The frame just went right as I was making it.

Lumix LX5.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Feb 11, 2010, 04:15