Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fisheye lens for portraits

What do you think about it? Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

I think it is interesting! My dad always enjoyed using this type of lens when he took photos.

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Love it. Maybe deepen the colors a little--it may be a little overexposed.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks for stopping by Smile
You're right it is a bit overexposed.

It's a really neat experiment, I love the outcome! But on a personal note, I don't believe the fisheye lens fit the portrait aestheti, so to speak Big Grin

Funny shot, with hair like that how can it be bad!

The fisheye isn't a "typical" portrait lens for the obvious reasons but with that said it's cool for some variety in an environmental portrait!

It may not be a serious portrait lens. In fact, taking a serious portrait with a fisheye could be quite a challenge! But it sure is great for adding some fun to the photo session. Thanks for stopping by.

i think its a brilliant way to capture that moment.. i have just ordered a wide angle n cant wait to get out to play Smile

(Feb 11, 2013, 13:24)vlad Wrote:  It may not be a serious portrait lens. In fact, taking a serious portrait with a fisheye could be quite a challenge! But it sure is great for adding some fun to the photo session. Thanks for stopping by.

Totally agree! Really not for portrait but taking images out of the box that clicks is totally worth the try. Awesome image vladSmile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

Ust read my last post bit of a typo I had my wide angle in hand n was meant to say fish eye lol, I think it ads fun n humour to the pic, obviusly not a serious take but a fun day of shooots maybe Smile

lovely composition. Only criticism, for me, is the “rubbish” in the background, and I would, perhaps, have straightened up the background arc, so it wasn’t down one side more than the other. But great shot.

I have no time for fisheye, but this is by far the best I have seen. As Deane says, could be "tidied" up, it is a bit over exposed, all easily rectified. Ed.

(Feb 5, 2013, 12:16)vlad Wrote:  What do you think about it? Smile

This is a really interesting concept and it does work, would give it some PP and enlarge it for the subject model Smile

Well done

Had a quick P/S edit, definite winner. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Great use of a fisheye lens.
For me photography is about having fun and this shot ticks the boxes.
Creative use of lenses can make so much difference and it helps when you have a good model too!
Nice work Vlad.

If you like it, shoot it!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/simon_rose/

I like this, not so much a portrait I see it as putting her in the environment , a circular ice rink which mirrors the hair some how

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jul 29, 2014, 10:44
Last Post by vlad
Feb 11, 2013, 13:20