Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flowery portrait

I was messing with slow/rear flash effects while zooming a while ago, and thought this came out quite well. The background ruins it a bit but other than that, I quite like how it's come out. I admit it is a kinda strange looking photo though so I'd be interested to hear what others think of it please. That's my Niece by the way, who is very pretty and I have many nice photos of her. Smile

[Image: Abi-March2006-small.jpg]

That's quite unique actually. I've done zooming before, but not in conjunction with flash photography. It's awesome that her face is completely in focus and sharp.

Charming portrait. It glows. What a compliment to the subject!

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

This is an interesting effect. I can see it being used in other photos as well - maybe even more effectively than in a portrait. The model's sunny smile makes it work here. Nice work!

Thanks for all your kind comments. I've experimented with zooming a little at other times but I've never managed to get any other good results.

Toad - Her sunny smile really does make most photos with her in look great, and it helps that she loves having her photo taken too. Smile

I was messing with this technique a bit last week.. but this came out really nice! If the background were more a plain white, it would be amazing. Nice work!

noonespillow Wrote:I was messing with this technique a bit last week.. but this came out really nice! If the background were more a plain white, it would be amazing. Nice work!
Thanks noonespillow. If I had expected it to come out so well I would have thought about the background when I took it. Smile I think I may try to do it again but take more care. Of course I doubt I'll get it looking so good again but it's worth a shot. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Korry
Nov 19, 2013, 09:04
Last Post by EdMak
Oct 20, 2013, 04:04