Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flutteryby

The Lantana bushes at the back of my parents house are covered in butterflies. I took a half dozen frames while I was there over Easter but I will have to go back and take some more before they disappear into Autumn.

[Image: _MG_2016.jpg]

hey welcome back...

great colours! the only little thing that bothers me is that the flower on the right bottom corner is overlappin the butterfly or as you say butteryfly Big Grin

there is much detail!!! very sharp!!

take care

christian

I like it a lot! the butterfly is lovely.. Very nice detail and colors ... Smile

Lantana is one of my favorite flowers... I love the colors... and they make sweet bokeh...

May I ask if you did some post processing? I love the way the butterfly looks... very artistic... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Not too much Irma, I made the background a little darker and then sharpened the butterfly but otherwise it was pretty much as I saw it and tweaked in the RAW stage.

Awesome colour and detail, may I ask what f stop you used? and what lens??

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Sure thing, it was f9.5 at iso 400 with a 70-200 and 2x converter.

nice butt!

hahahaha.. Nice Butt! good one Adam! Big Grin

...but it is great.. nice one Jamie.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

very nice, amazing what you can do with this lense.

Are you using a "proper" converter or one of these "screw-on-the-front" lenses? Did it possibly cause the overlap of the flower with the butterfly's wing?
Some converters, or especially the lenses you just screw on like a filter, cause some funny effects, and I have to admit I have a thing for those, can add some artistic character to your pics.... :-)

uli