Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flying Bee

This is from the last weekend. The bee seemed to be a guard - while a lot of other bees were being busy in the apple tree, this one managed to stand still in the air, obviously observing me.

[Image: 320_DSC_0078_framed.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

That is a fantastic capture! Lucky he wasn't camera shy! Or even worse...as bad as security guards these days trying to stop photographers! Big Grin

Muzza

"The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer." -Anonymous

Cool shot G. I like how the dark areas frame the bee. Well done. Is there a chance to lighten the bee and saturate its yellow colour? Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Great shot G. Though I think that may not be a bee.... but a bee mimic or Hoverfly. Hover flies tend to just hang in the air for periods of time, where as bees usually only hover when about to land or feed.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/gardens/guide/ato...verfly.asp

Thanks guys!

Craig, I think you're probably right - when I took the shot I thought already that this is funny behaviour for a bee.

Colin, I lit up the bee/fly already. In the original picture it was rather dark. I think Craig is right because this bee is not really colored as a bee should be. Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Wow, that is very interesting trivia indeed Craig!

To bee or not to bee... Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Dec 29, 2015, 13:04
Last Post by Jim F
Mar 12, 2014, 02:16
Last Post by Dean
Aug 27, 2013, 01:50