Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flyover

I was bored playing with my camera in the garden, just by chance I looked up.

[Image: 339_DSC_0071_framed.jpg]

BTW one of the birds is faked due to compositional considerations. Can you see which one? Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

My guess would be the rear bird. I think I see a hint of clone smudging behing his lower wing (that doesn't necessarily mean faked of course). I think he is a copy of the second bird from the left.

Could be the other way around as well, I suppose...

Love the formation, cloned or not Big Grin

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Keen as always, Toad! Smile It's actually the other way round, I copied the left bird in as there was too big a gap between him and the first two birds. I thought I could disguise this by cloning the feet of the foremost bird into the copy. Smile

The smudging comes from expanding the picture to the left and right - it was not so visible in the original size. It's a pity, really, they were too fast. I couldn't get a decent composition before they went out of sight behind the house.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Yes - I noticed that the feet were different - and even noticed that the cloned bird's feet were the same as the lead bird - but the smudging mislead me away from the obvious conclusion.

Hint for faking this sort of thing in the future - the reason I could limit it to the 2 rear birds in the first place is the identical light highlight on the body under and behind the wing.

I love doing this sort of manipulation - although many find it devious...

I like the change in compisition. Who cares about cloning. It's legal when done in photoshop. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Heheh nice one G! Love the composition and cloning... Big Grin

Nice adjustment, switching out the feet really had me fooled.