Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Foggy Day

[Image: Marina%20in%20the%20Fog.jpg]

[Image: Bench%20in%20the%20Fog.jpg]

Right on Toady. Smile The way the mountain is peaking out from atop the fog is great. In #2 the lighting coming through the fog is very well captured. Works of art!

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Love the rays of light in the 2nd one. Wish I could ever drag my ass out of bed early enough to catch early morning light Big Grin

Beautiful, both of them.

My favorite is #2, the diffuse light seeping in and the play of light and shadow around the bench are great. It seems to me that #2 required more creativity from the photographer.

If I may critique just a little, in #1 the horizontal barrier of the jetty is slightly disturbing me. I would love to see the scene from a different viewpoint, where the jetty is leading into the picture instead of barring the view. Or, if this is impossible, just a little less of it. Of course, sometimes there is no way to go to the desired shooting point. Anyway the mountain peek and the reflections are really really beautiful. Only my 0.02 Euro. Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

EnglishBob Wrote:Love the rays of light in the 2nd one. Wish I could ever drag my ass out of bed early enough to catch early morning light Big Grin

If you lived in Vancouver that wouldn't be a problem for you Craig. The fog can stay around for a long time in the mornings. I've worked on the North Shore and have seen the fog blanket Vancouver until 10:00. You'd never know there was water below.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Extremely classy shots, Mr. T! Big Grin

#1 - I like the unusualness of it all - the long masts plus the fog in the background and the mountain peeking out. Just check the straightness a bit though.. Big Grin

#2 - Lovely fog and diffused morning sunshine. I like the composition. Big Grin

Both are beautiful! It would be unfair to pick one as a favorite.... Both are my favorites Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Smile Love the second one in particular; although both are great.
FRANK

woohoo T.. great shots

They are both terrific, really.. But #2 REALLY knocked me over. The layers and angles and shafts of light are just the kind of stuff I adore... and the empty bench seat just gives the shot the story it needs to suit the atmosphere the trees and light create.
It was obviously a beautiful scene to begin with, but you made sure you were in the right place at the right time, really thought the shot through and executed it fantastically.
I wish I could bottle the light and air from mornings like that and pull it out to use whenever I wanted! hehe..

And the 2nd shot is wonderful and very unique. Fantastic composition, and although it seems really simple; the more you look at it the more you see.
Of course the mountain is spectacular poking above the clouds, and the way all the masts seem to be pointing up to it is very cool...and the image of the jetty with the masts poking out at right angles reminds me of a fish skeleton (especially if you enhanced the reflected masts).. but it is the little shed at the end of the jetty that I like the most in that shot.
I think the shot might work even better flipped left-to-right, as the viewer's eye would be drawn along the jetty to the shed which is like a punctuation mark at the end of a sentence.

Great job mate.. keep it up! Smile

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

guerito Wrote:If I may critique just a little, in #1 the horizontal barrier of the jetty is slightly disturbing me. I would love to see the scene from a different viewpoint, where the jetty is leading into the picture instead of barring the view.

Great idea! The marina is a private club - no access to the best angles, but maybe with a little creativity....

Now if only the fog will cooperate again. Big Grin

Great shots.........back to the top for another look they deserve it!!!!!!!!
well done #2 is awesome!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Phil J
Jul 20, 2015, 09:23
Last Post by wulinka
Sep 25, 2008, 12:52