Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Foggy lake

At this time of the year we have very often foggy mornings... As some of you might remember, last year I took my pictures in the fields just down the street from where I live. Fields, fences, trees were my subjects.

This year, however, I wanted to make something different, a new place for these foggy mornings pictures. I have chosen the Luetjensee lake. It is located more or less 15 km. from home, so this time I have to take my time to arrive to the location and walk around the lake to get a nice view for my pictures.

I started my series yesterday, with a very foggy morning, but the magic of a blue sky above... Smile

[Image: IMG_8853-01.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8856-01.jpg]

As always, any advice or comment to my pictures is very much appreciated. Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I like #1 very much, more to look at than #2 Big Grin

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Thanks so much Pat, for your comment... Smile

#1 has more interest I think. #2 is a bit more simple.

I also think this subject is very difficult, but when you get the right one, it's the winner Smile

Paul Cezanne

Both very magical. #1 shines a bit more because of a clear and recognizable subject.

Thanks Toad... Smile

I am working in another set with less fog and more of the forest... and another color as well... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Really good work on the morning mist images Irma. There is nothing that grabs me more than one like you've presented here. I often catch a shot like this when I'm traveling 70 mph on the Interstate and have nowhere to pull over and get out to shoot.

Rene

To be heard, you must be seen.

I really like #1 , fog is such a mysterious ( sp ) thing , and i think that you captured it well .

..... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I like both, but prefer #1

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks so much for your comments... Smile

I had dreamed with these pictures a lot.. and I am still dreaming, since my perfect picture has some swans in the middle of the lake... This time were ducks... :/ .... hope I have better luck next time... Wink

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Phil J
Jul 20, 2015, 09:23
Last Post by czkid
Feb 13, 2015, 05:42