Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fogo Island Boats and Stages - Yesterday's Outing

I haven't posted much on here lately; have been busy over at DP Review’s Sony DSLR forum spreading the word about the fantastic Samyang 8mm fisheye lens, (that up until now has been pretty much flying under the radar) and giving lots of lessons on how best to use it, to all of those who purchased it after reading my review. This amazing super-wide lens is also re-branded as Rokinon, Falcon, Walimex, Polar, Opteka, Vivitar, Bower, Pro-Optic, and probably a few more, though they are all identical; all manufactured on the same production line in Samyang’s factory in Korea.

My health allowed me to get outside yesterday, and I took lots of pictures, and want to share a few of my favourite Fogo Island images from yesterday's outing with you. As you can see, all of our snow from the big blizzard we had a few weeks ago is pretty much gone. Spring is in the air!

All were taken handheld using my Sony A500 and Samyang (Rokinon) manual 8mm f/3.5 fisheye lens.

Glen
http://www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

[Image: DSC01157abw900pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC01144abw900pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC01122abw700pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC01177a700pix.jpg]

Hi Dear Glen, these are so nice photographs, I love black & white photos! They are so impressive. You say, spring in the air! Is it normal time for spring in there? Last week we had snow and all week it snowed, it was so cold of course but the end of the week, the temperature changed from zero to 12c degrees... Actually this is not normal for here! And as it is said this week will be warm more than normal.

I loved your photographs and you took me there again Smile And it was so nice to hear you again,

Thank you,
Have a nice and enjoyable day,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Hi Nia! As always, it is so nice to hear from you, and thank-you so much for your kind comments; much appreciated!
Our snow has almost all melted away, and our temperatures have been about 5 C this past week, though we are expected to receive a big snowstorm tomorrow and into Saturday, so we won't be bringing the patio furniture out any time soon. I hope you and your family are all doing well, and let's keep in touch!

With love from your Canadian friend,
Glen

camperbc Wrote:Hi Nia! As always, it is so nice to hear from you, and thank-you so much for your kind comments; much appreciated!
Our snow has almost all melted away, and our temperatures have been about 5 C this past week, though we are expected to receive a big snowstorm tomorrow and into Saturday, so we won't be bringing the patio furniture out any time soon. I hope you and your family are all doing well, and let's keep in touch!

With love from your Canadian friend,
Glen
Same for me too dear Glen Smile I am glad to hear that snow melted away, but this snowstorm! Why don't you take pictures from the window dear Glen, just an idea came up now to my mind. Spring comes soon... In here, actually this year seasons went all strange, one week it snowed and it was so cold but snow didn't stay, as if it didn't snow. But then from zero to the 12-17c degrees temperatures changed... and now it is expecting rain... This temperatures, up and down make me bad... The weather pressures...

You are welcome and thank you,

have a nice and enjoyable day dear Glen,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post