Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fogo Island Fishing Boat and Stage

I have been too sick to post images in quite some time, but managed to get outside with my Sony DSLR the other evening and captured this colorful Fogo Island sunset, with a fishing boat returning home with its load of snow crab.

It was about ten minutes after the sun went down, and quite dark, but I was still able to take it handheld.

The second shot is from a few weeks ago, when the weather was dreadful and the sea quite choppy. It shows an old abandoned fishing stage, originally used for the processing and storage of the catch of the day.

Both were taken with my Sony A200 and the much dreaded 18-70mm kit lens. I have yet to see why most people despise this lens.
Glen
http://www.focusonnewfoundland.com

[Image: DSC01608a900pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC01489a900pix.jpg]

#2 is fantabulous...

Hi Glen, I am glad to hear you again, I hope you are better now, all my best wishes for you.

These photographs are great. Well captured. I miss your photographs, thank you for sharing with us,
I loved them all,

Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Yes, number 2 is great: the focal length, aperture and viewpoint really capture this well; great composition too!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

camperbc Wrote:I have yet to see why most people despise this lens.
Glen
Probably don't know how to use it, unless it is on auto. Big Grin

Beautiful no 2.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Many thanks everyone, for your kind comments; much appreciated!
Glen

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by jjford43
Sep 11, 2017, 11:00