Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fogo Island Ice Storm

It has been quite a while since I posted any Fogo Island images on here; the weather has been terribly dreary, plus lots of sick days. Anyway, I took a few today of the ice storm that we had yesterday, and thought I would share.

All shot hand-held with my Sony Alpha and trusty old Minolta Maxxum 100-200mm F4.5 lens.

The sparrow was taken through my dirty living room window, as was the ice shot with the fishing stage background. For the last one I actually stepped outside!!

Glen
http://www.focusonnewfoundland.com

[Image: DSC01797aa1000pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC01773a1000pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC01762a1000pix.jpg]

Hi Glen, I am so happy to hear you again. Your photography and what you share with us are so nice and great. I'm impressed so much by your photographs and also by their stories too. I am sad to hear some sick days, I hope and wish everything is fine now. These shots are amazing! You did great. We had a very cold days and snow here a few days ago (ah, yes, in here the cold days and snow come and go! Not stable! But makes bad, temperatures goes up and down!!! anyway) I can't imagine how would be for me to live there, but I wished to visit Glen, you carried the beauties of the island. But I know, life is not like here, everything as if depends on ice... (sorry for my English, I try to express but....)
This sparrow fascinated me, so lovely! Super. And the others too... they are so artistic. Can't be more beautiful than this.

Thank you,
Blessing and happiness,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Phenonemal - always a tree to see your Fogo images...

All are great, but that 2nd one really speaks to my heart.
With #3 flipped horizontally in Photoshop, they would make a great pair of prints hanging next to each other or as bookends to something that fits, in my humble opinion.

All great pictures... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post