Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fogo Island Longliner

This is my neighbor's old longliner that is tied up directly in front of my house. He just put it back in the water last week for the first time in two years. Last year, just as Ron was about to launch it, he took a bad fall down the embankment and suffered multiple fractures to his pelvis, so was out of commission for the whole summer. He has finally healed, and promises to take my daughter Jacqueline and I out on the water regularly. Hopefully we can soon get some good up-close captures of the whales and icebergs! You may recall my humpback whale pics from two summers ago, when the boat was completely surrounded by dozens of them!

These images were taken with my Sony Alpha, and old Minolta 50mm f/1.7 lens. It was too dark at the time for my kit lens, but the vintage Minolta lens made it look like daytime!

Today my new Lowepro Flipside 400 backpack arrived in the mail, so I am ready to again hit the trails, this time in comfort. No more carrying a large and cumbersome suitcase-style camera case!

Jacqueline is now finished school for the summer, her leg is healing nicely, and we should be hiking the Lion's Den trail later this week.

Glen
http://www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

[Image: DSC02428a700pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC02439a900pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC02431a900pix.jpg]

[Image: DSC02417a900pix.jpg]

Beautiful photos, Glen! The fast lens worked great in the dim light. Your images are like a continuing travelogue, highlighting the awsome beauty of the Maritimes. I always lok forward to viewing your posted photos.

Regards.....Dennis

Lovely light in these shots.

I can't recall those whale photos. Can you provide a link?

These are wonderful photographs dear Glen, how I love Fogo Island from your camera, the colours are amazing, you captured them so nicely, but yes, B/W is so impressive too. Every details can be seen... This is excellent.

I am so glad to hear your daugther finished the school for the summer and her leg is better too. It seems that would be so nice and so exciting to sail with your neighbourg, you know dear Glen, you would be taking us too by your photographs Smile Have a nice and enjoyable time,

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post