Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fond Memories

I took this shot today of a friend of mine who I was wandering around the Fremantle Easter Street Festival with.
It really was just a casual snapshot and as a photograph has many faults, but to me it seems to have a feel to it like an old dog-eared family holiday snapshot that has been sitting in the bottom of a shoebox for 20 years.
I applied some PP to try to emphasize this.
I wonder if I'll be able to look back at this photo in 20 years time with fond memories of today? Smile

[Image: IMG_8136.jpg]

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

I like the post processing done on this one (it was a great shot to begin with though, I'm sure). Its something about the colours and focus of the background that makes it look like another period of time.

Does your friend like it?

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Nice capture, definitely. Does she like it?

uli

Not sure if she likes it... she hasn't seen it yet! Big Grin
Probably not though, she doesn't like having her photo taken. Rolleyes She might like it if it was somebody else in the photo though. Tongue
I'll show it to her later today though and find out.

Thanks for the encouragement. To me this shot is a bit different to my normal stuff, both with the intention behind it and the process.
I feel it might be time for me to look for a bit of a new direction in my work... And I have a couple of ideas up my sleeve. Wink

Adrian Broughton

Nice Kombi,

Just be tempted to clone out that blob in the sky behind her head - looks like a UFO, but is probably a street light.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

Good thinking Chris.. but to me the blob looks like a blurry fly buzzing around Tina's head! Big Grin
You were probably thinking that too, just too polite to say anything. Wink

But what if it is a UFO? And you want me to clone it out?!?! Are you part of the government conspiracy to keep the public ignorant of the fact there are aliens living here on earth? I'm onto your little game, Agent Wedding Shooter! Tongue

(I wonder if Tina will ever read this thread?! hahahahaha)

Oh.. and I forgot to mention.. The shot was taken with a Sigma 28mm f/1.8 lens at f/4.5.

Adrian Broughton

Looks like the game is up for me - my secret is out Smile

Canon stuff.

hi

great shot lovely smile, the only thing about it that bothers me a bit is that the hair is blackas well the background next to her haed top left size. i would also desaturade a bit more the red colours as there just a bit too strong in the background.

she is lovely, great smile

thanks for sharing

christian

I really like this style of shot.....a candid quality, her smile looks very natural

Beautiful shot Adrian, I'm sure she will be pleased with that one. I really like the candidness of the shot, and you can really feel the sense of fun in the pic.

p.s. there are no UFOs, only the matrix. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by manspam
Jan 26, 2014, 07:53