Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Food Court on Saturday (with color)

[Image: foodcourtSM.jpg]

What do you think?

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I really like it. It appears that you desaturated some of the photo? Is this correct? Either way, I really enjoy the contrast between the large block of black chairs with the bright signs at the counter top. The large red and green blobs (curious, what are those?) seem to compete with the chairs for dominance though. I would suggest toning those down a bit. It also looks like the red was painted on with a paint brush. Am I right or wrong? It's interesting, but a little misplaced. Where it overlaps the chairs and where it climbs up the wall, I don't particularly like it. It makes me think it's some ghostly blob instead of a reflexion. If it was a reflexion, it would only have a few slim stripes or so down the aisle. It probably wouldn't take up the whole aisle, and it wouldn't climb up the wall. At least I don't imagine it would. However, look at the original again and see where the highlights are. That would tell you more than I could.

Thanks DJ. I had to cut the reflection from the floor, desaturate the photo, then re-paste the colors back. So the color came on top of the chairs and I had to adjust transparency of the colors to make the chairs visible through it. There was a little fine tuning with a brush too.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Feb 20, 2016, 22:59
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Feb 26, 2015, 05:01