Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

For Banded Drake, Russt and sepia lovers...

HDR with sepia conversion...

[Image: DSC_4631-01HDRtrainsepia.jpg]

This flower had a very bright color, (orange) and I treated the picture to get more detail and converted it to sepia...

[Image: DSC_6017-02sepiaflower.jpg]

Thanks for your comments Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Very nice conversions Irma. Well done!

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

First Hi Irma, Glad you and Guerito are OK.
Second I like the first Photo and how the perspective is straightened, plus the detail.
Thirdly, I was brought up a long while ago, and the only colours then were black and white, and if they were faded then they would be sepia. So although Sepia is a new thing today, it is old fashioned to me. We had a tin box full of sepia photos, of long gone aunts and uncles and relatives etc. So now I prefer colour.
The photographers long ago used to paint colour on to B&W pics (not a lot ) Wow.Tongue
That does not mean I cannot like a B&W shot but it depends on the subject. For me I would prefer the flower in its original colour and a nice greeny background.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Hi Irma, have missed your HDR shots and was delighted to see the above, I love the sepia of the city street.

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Irma - Your HDR / sepia is great. I have come to expect more noise in HDR image but this one is exceptionally free of noise. You have done well to find a great level of contrast on the whole image without overdoing the HDR.
Do you mind sharing with us how many shots you used to generate this HDR?

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Nice shots irma, the #1 is simply great, the hdr and sepia works very well.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

These are the shots that i was missing from you Irma ,
Great job , i really like the flower, but the first one is great too. Big Grin

........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thanks so much for your comments Smile

NT... I know what you mean... the thing with this flower is that the color was blown out and it was not possible to get detail on the flower... I tried to desaturate the flower since the background was lovely... but the color at the end was not so beautiful... I tried this conversion and I could rescue the picture from the recycle bin Smile

Smarti...
This HDR is from one raw file... I took the picture when I was crossing the street and the train was comming... I worked with three exposures -0.50, 0 and +0.50... The good thing with this picture is that I took it when I was trying to expose my pictures to the right... and I just worked the HDR technique to get detail in the shady parts of the street...

Here you can see the original picture...

[Image: DSC_4631-01original.jpg]

And here is the original HDR from photomatix...

[Image: DSC_4631-01HDRoriginal.jpg]

I tried to keep the lines of the train because I found this really nice but with the HDR treatment they look horrible... so I decided to clone everything out ... Still I like a lot the original as well... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Impressive results from one shot. And it looks like alot of work from the photomatix HDR to your final image. Thanks for showing the transformation.

Its the detail in the tiles just below the tower that capture my eye when comparing these images - how did you bring out such detail?

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Hi Irma, great to see some of your pics again..........congrats on the new kit aswell "awesome"

each of these has it's own appeal..........i like the HDR sepia combo, great detail and clarity. Good to see what you started with too.

I really like the understated tones and simple composition (good way) of your gerbera pic........nicely done

Thanks Russ for your comment Smile

Smarti.... after you have clonned out all distraction... make a copy of the image and work find edges, then desaturate, and then work levels to make them darker...and a bit thicker... blend to line burn (? sorry I don't have my program open, but I think this is the option...) and reduce opacity to your liking (25% is in this one) Then you can work with colors and the rest of your adjustments... it is better to do this first because you lose a bit of contrast and colors...

I use this treatment when I want more definition in the contour in the subject... if you just want to have more definition in certain area of the picture you can paint with white the lines you don't need... and that's it...

Paul Cezanne

Thanks for sharing this method Irma. I had a play with it but I need to practice more. I can see it being extremely useful. Did you learn this through experience or from a tutorial somewhere?

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Plantsman
Dec 4, 2014, 06:27
Last Post by Barbara G.
Jun 4, 2014, 10:32