Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Forest

I was taking the farm's house picture, I showed you in the other forum, when I saw a beautiful hillside with dark green trees and just one was different. From that moment I dreamt about this picture. I did it, as I wanted. Do you have any comments?

Thanks in advance Smile

[Image: P1070663forest.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I am in a quandary here Irma, nothing really jumps out, I agree that the different colouring is interesting in itself but I just can't see enough of the different coloured tree or something.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

I'm sure it looked much better in person. Sometimes much is lost in a photo that you just can't see in real life. It is an ok image Irma but I've seen much much better from you.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks Pete and Colin for your comments Smile I really appreciate you thoughts about my picture. Well, probably it was as Colin said, sometimes places loses the charm in a photo.

Anyway, I am optimist and I will say that I am very pleased with the outcome, event if it is not so good. Why? Because my PS did what I wanted it to do. That was learning Smile Perhaps the next one will be better.

Thanks again! Smile
Irma.

Paul Cezanne

I like it Irma. This is a mature photograph. I love the color.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I can see where you were going with this shot even before I read your commentary. That one tree standing out among the rest. However, I think that it falls short in that regard as its really difficult to tell as only a portion of the tree is distinctive. The remainder gets lost in the greenery.

Great idea though!

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

I like the overall scene. The dead center postioning of the bright tree is a problem - maybe a crop??

[Image: 72_test.jpg]

I think a tighter crop loses the intended diversity aspect. However, its nicer from a photographic point of view.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Yes, Jerry, I think what you said is something I have to consider in my next picture. The bright tree should have been really standing out from the rest.

Toad, you are right, I didn't think about a crop to have my tree in the rule of thirds.

Thank you very much for your comments/advice. I want to give another try to this concept. Perhaps with something else. Smile

Paul Cezanne

I like it conceptually...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Zig
Dec 12, 2010, 02:48
Last Post by nia
Feb 21, 2010, 19:18
Last Post by ospring87
Oct 31, 2005, 09:38