Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fountains At Night

San Antonio was the site of Hemisfair '68.
I was only 6 years old but clearly remember everything about it.

Like a 1/2 world's fair for the western hemisphere, it promoted bonding and sharing between North, Central and South America.
There was a monorail, and our tallest downtown building, the Tower Of The Americas, was built just for the occasion.

The Tower and many other features are still here, and I visited them tonight.
In the park around the base of the 750' tall structure are numerous fountains and pools.
Due to the drought of 2005-2006, the city and surrounding areas had been under severe water restrictions that eliminated all decorative water until recently.

Since the water is flowing again, it was time for me to visit for the very first time since becoming interested in night photography.
Here are two of my favorites.

[Image: kak.hemisfairfountains1.jpg]

[Image: kak.hemisfairfountains2.jpg]

Beautiful photos Keith Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Very nice I love these flowing water pictures so dreamy. How long an exposure did you use BTW?

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

Wonderful series, love the milky lighting and water.

Nicely exposed to get the milky water effect.

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"

Lovely work - #1 us a dream.

Beautiful pictures both Keith... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks so much!

They were both at f8 and iso 100.
1st photo was a 3 second exposure, the 2nd was 5 secs.

Both could have taken an extra second or two with no harm, but the 1st had some lens-flare issues with a light just out of frame and I didn't want to push my luck.

Hey Keith, I love these photos! There's nothing I like more than night photos, and these are particularly good - especially the 2nd one.

I can see some lighting challenges, but it seems you've coped well. The milky water is superb! Big Grin

Very nice Keith, I like the lines and shapes in #2

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

The lines and composition in the second image are superb. The soft curves of the water against the straight hard stonework..... Beautiful.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

These are just awesome. Your work with dusk and near-night photography is really paying off. Composition, lighting, colour and the control over your camera are just amazing. I'm completely blown away. They're both stunning.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I really like the first one Keith - beautiful.

Canon stuff.

Hey a beautiful job.
Lorraine

Keith - I hope you don't mnd but I couldnt resist playing your shot which I liked so much.
I mainly just used photomatix hdr / tonemapping to increase the local contrast.
This created a bit of noise in some areas so ran it through noiseware too.

[Image: fountains2.jpg]

What do you think?
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Shane, that looks great!
I loved mine, but now it looks so dull.

Can I please use your version on my photoblog?
(With credit of course, and a link to your flickr page)

The HDR looks smashing! Nice work!

Shane - that is great.

Canon stuff.

Keith - Use this image all you want, all credit to you - its still your image not mine. I'm just glad you like the edit.
I'd edit photos for a day job if I could...
Cheers
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I really like them all, but I (dislike = the wrong word) the colours somehow. Maybe too many colours coming through. Or the colours not blending.
Not a criticism just my thoughts.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
Feb 10, 2017, 17:01