Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

From My City Istanbul/The Bosphorus

These photos were taken from the ferry-boat, that is sailing between Anatolian side and European side. The Bosphorus is like a river between the continents of Europe and Asia. And the city Istanbul takes place on both sides. It is very old and historical city. So, from the Anatolian side to go to the other side, I was in the ferry-boat and I took all these photos by my new camera Canon Power Shot 720, maybe this is not a professional one but I am learning and in the future I wish to have a new one that would be much professional one. Anyway, here are they,

[Image: Just%20a%20moment.jpg]
Just a moment for crow!

[Image: just%20caught.jpg]
Happy Flappings of Seagull

[Image: Istanbul.jpg]
The Bosphorus

[Image: FromThe%20Ferry.jpg]
From the ferry-boat

[Image: Galata%20Tower.jpg]
Galata Tower*

[Image: The%20Bosphorus%20and%20Maiden%20Tower.jpg]
The Bosphorus and The Maiden's Tower**

* Galata Tower: According to the Seyahatname of Ottoman historian and traveller Evliya Çelebi, in circa 1630-1632, Hezarfen Ahmet Çelebi flew as an early aviator using artificial wings for gliding from this tower over the Bosporus to the slopes of Üsküdar on the Anatolian side.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galata_Tower

** Maiden's Tower, has a legend story
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maiden's_Tower

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Thank you for sharing a little about this area of the world.

Canon stuff.

Great to see these. Istanbul is high on my list of places I want to visit - I was in Morocco in February and it really whetted my appetite to see more of the Middle East and Turkey.

Wedding Shooter Wrote:Thank you for sharing a little about this area of the world.
Thank you, Wedding Shooter, I am living between the continents, and in the most historical city. It is also so inspirational city too.

Have a nice day,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Toad Wrote:Great to see these. Istanbul is high on my list of places I want to visit - I was in Morocco in February and it really whetted my appetite to see more of the Middle East and Turkey.
Hi Toad, yes Morocco... Wonderful! I haven't been yet but I watched on France TV so many times, and I wish to be there too, there are so beautiful inspirational places. And also the desert people... By the way, I remembered now Michael Plain's documentary films too, with desert people. Yes, it was wonderful. But to be honest my dream is Himalaya!

Anyway, thank you so much, there are so many inspirational and beautiful places in my country too, Dick Osseman, he is nice one and nice photographer, he comes every year to my country and you can find here his all photos about Turkey. I hope you find them enjoyable.

http://www.pbase.com/dosseman

Thank you once again,
Have a nice day,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

[Image: flying.jpg]
Another "Galata Tower" photo but this time with a seagull

Thank you,

with my love,
nia