Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

From My Journey

We went to Ankara and to Salt Lake (Tuz gölü) with my husband last weekend. It was a short journey but we visited our son. The weather was unbelievable, like a summer days... In this time of year, usually it has the coldest days, this area... and temperatures usually are under the zero but, it was not normal to see them between 10 and 19C degrees... So it was a nice journey for us. I took most of these pictures from the car, while we were going, there wasn't a time for to stop because we were racing with time for to catch our son's ceremony, (he is doing his military job now and there was a oath-taking ceremony), anyway, here are some of my photographs;

1) The sun rises while we are going to Ankara (capital city of my country) from Istanbul...
[Image: 21ab.jpg]

2) The minaret, up to the sky from the fog... It seemed to me amazing Smile
[Image: 89_24a.jpg]

3) Then the weather was clear... and I caught these smoke with the village house!
[Image: 81_31a.jpg]

(to be continued)

Thanks and love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Our short journey on the road was going on... After Ankara, we drove to the mid Anatolia...

4) This is a lake near Ankara, there was too much sun lights, and it was the calmness of time... Smile
[Image: 72_6a.jpg]

5) This is from my husband's window that I captured, the blue sky and sunny day and these hills, they were all amazing in their colours.
[Image: 153a.jpg]

6) And this is Salt Lake (Tuz Gölü). It was the first time I have been there, and also it was the first time that I was trying to take its picture. The sun lights was too much, and I didn't have any experience for this kind of photography, actually we stopped along the lake and I also used my tripod too, but I lived a problem with my eyes, they were all in tears, I couldn't see well, it should have been because of the cold (yes, in this area was cold and I am not used to these temperatures, ) and also there was too much sun lights... It was an experience/a lesson for me. There was a deep calmness there... and the reflections were amazing, you can't see where the lake begins or where ends... sky and land and lake they all come together in the reflections... Especially while we were on road to back, there was sunset on the lake and fascinated me so much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Tuz

[Image: 35_58a.jpg]

7) Yes, the sun goes down along the Salt Lake...
[Image: 196a.jpg]

(to be continued)

Thanks and Love,
nia

Ansel Adams

8) We are on the road again and this time the direction is to the home, from Ankara to Istanbul. But the weather was not like the beginning of this journey, there wasn't sun... but temperatures were amazing still, we saw 22C degrees on this road, this wasn't normal. While all European countries were living very hard winter days, there was summer as if in here... There is Bolu Mount on this road and it is one of winter holiday centers in my country, (Kartalkaya), there wasn't snow as usual.
[Image: 241a.jpg]

9)This tree was the point for my shot!
[Image: 286a.jpg]

10) The snowy mountains... and fog and the road...
[Image: 341a.jpg]

Thank you for stopping and visiting,
Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Looks like a great trip. I particularly like the quality of light in #1 and #2.

Yes, it was a great trip for me because it was 1966 when we moved to Istanbul from Ankara... then, all these years I haven't visited again. There are so many memories of my childhood, but I know it wasn't enough, we had just a weekend. My camera was in my hand all journey long, I think I haven't taken pictures like that in my life more than this journey Smile But not all of them well, of course.

Thank you Toad, it was great in many ways for me, for visiting my son, and having experience with my camera, and to see my city of childhood memories, etc.

with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Very nice nia.
I find that 1, 4, and 9, slope, although the content and exposure is OK, and the rest are fine/good/improving/getting better. Big Grin

In 1 you can use the lampost and in 4, the pole in the middle for straightening. (vertically). I am sure it will improve how they look. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

NT73 Wrote:Very nice nia.
I find that 1, 4, and 9, slope, although the content and exposure is OK, and the rest are fine/good/improving/getting better. Big Grin

In 1 you can use the lampost and in 4, the pole in the middle for straightening. (vertically). I am sure it will improve how they look. Smile
Thank you dear NT, yes, seems it needs some more works too, I did before posting but I noticed once again when you made a point for them,

with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

[Image: 65_21c.jpg]

[Image: 6c.jpg]

yes, I tried to do something with them, Smile

Thanks and Love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Wonderful pictures nia... Smile
Beautiful colors in the ones that you took of the lake specially #7... it looks so abstract with so beautiful colors.

Thanks a lot for sharing your pictures, it is always so interesting to see different places and landscapes.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:Wonderful pictures nia... Smile
Beautiful colors in the ones that you took of the lake specially #7... it looks so abstract with so beautiful colors.

Thanks a lot for sharing your pictures, it is always so interesting to see different places and landscapes.
Thank you so much dear Irma, it is so nice to hear from you, as always. Smile

with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Jan 9, 2015, 05:35