Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

From a swamp.

We went to the lake Schaalsee. This lake is beautiful and there are some villages settled near this lake. Today we went to Zarrentin. They have built an office and sort of museum to give information about the place. They told us about a swamped area. It was very interesting to walk there. There are birds, dragonflies, a lot of beautiful flowers (water lilies)... It was overcast and it rained early, but we could get some pictures Smile

I will start with this picture just for documentation about the place.....

[Image: P1120028moor.jpg]

These are some dragonflies I found....

[Image: P1120050dragonfly.jpg]

[Image: P1120055dragonfly.jpg]

And this is a little bird we found... The little one was not able to fly well I think, and it was jumping from one twig to another that is why I could get it Smile

[Image: P1120103babybird.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hi Irma Smile

These are good....I especially like the first of the two dragonfly pics. You've framed it very nicely, and I love the way you've captured the detail in its wings. They look so structured and yet so delicate. The contrast between the different areas of the background showing through the draonfly's wings is also very interesting......whatever he's sitting on is sharp and the vegetation nicely out of focus. It all somehow helps me to see just how transparent the wings are...like leaded glass. Very nice!

--NN

Awww, love the bird Irma. Cute. @nd dragon fly shot is pretty cool too. Great detail. Smile

The dragon fly pictures are wonderful. I love the texture in the wood. The bird is cute but there's that great big green thing that interferes. Oh well.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

The Making Of ... Dragonflies

[Image: 0369_dsc_0118-01-copy.jpg]

Hope this doesn't get censored. Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Path through the moor

[Image: 0369_dsc_0013-01-copy.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Super selection of shots, very good, sharp and detailed shots of the dragonflies too.

I think that bird might be a young Robin, judging from the shape of the beak, facial expression and the way you describe it's movements. They're like that when they've recently leftt he nest - quite tame and friendly little posers! Big Grin

Polly

Irma, great sharp shots the detail is fantastic on the wings!

Guerito, one word .................Irresponsible!

Thanks a lot for your comments. I am very happy you like them. I was also surprised about the dragonflies pictures. They turned out nice. We will go back there. I think we found a very interesting place to go and get nice pictures... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Great series of shots, guys. Love the attention to detail and the documenting of some of the wildlife in the area...

Despite the green thing in the foreground, I still like the bird pic. Very nice! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Janika
Jul 22, 2008, 16:03
Last Post by Wedding Shooter
Jul 30, 2006, 19:05
Last Post by shuttertalk
Jan 16, 2005, 18:17