Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

From beautiful Prague... :)

Hallo!! Smile

I am back... Smile

Our stay in Prague was not as long as we planed, since our Lucky got ill just few days before our departure. We had to cancel all Sad and stay at home for nearly 10 days taking care of her. At the middle of the second week of G's vacation, I saw that she was doing really well, I said to G Oh, please, I really wanted to go to Prague to meet Pavel and we did it! We were just one day! but we met! We spent Friday morning with Pavel and his wife, it was a great pleasure! Smile

After I came back, I had a shooting for a web site... I like it because it is a different kind of photography from the one I normally do....

About Prague I could say that it is a wonderful city.... Beautiful buildings, great beer and delicious food, friendly people... I took some pictures, they could be kind of postcards but they show a little of this beautiful city... Smile

I have also more experiments... Wink for the critique forum... so here we go with the first set... Smile

I will say that my light conditions were not the best, it was a lovely blue sky day but the sun was very bright. In some of my pictures I used my GND, but still the contrast was very hard.

The same as in Munich (Bavaria) many buildings in Prague have great paintings.. Some parts of the city looks to me as a painting in pastel colors.

[Image: IMG_8821-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8832-Edit-2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8922-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9074-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9264-Edit.jpg]

I hope you are all doing well.. Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Ah! my memories in Prague.... I was there with my Dad once upon a time, tears filled in my eyes.

Dear Irma, I am glad to hear, she got well and fine now. And also I am so glad that you made this journey and how nice to meet with Pavel. Greetings to him from here Smile

Prague... the city of towers! It is amazing.... Your photographs are so nice, took me to my memories, but of course Prague changed, and I don't know this new Prague, maybe one day I visit again,

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Thanks nia... I'm glad that my pictures brought you nice memories... Smile

Paul Cezanne

I have always wanted to see this city - very beautiful Irma - especially the black and white shot.

Canon stuff.

Thanks Chris... I tried to make a series in bw only, as I found that the post processing goes nicely. But when I tried to convert the wide view of the city it didn't look nice. I hope one day you can visit the country. You will enjoy it a lot! Smile

Paul Cezanne

Prague has always been high on my list of places to visit - and these views only strengthen that desire. Thanks for sharing with us.

Hope you had a great trip.

It was a true joy to meet you and J. in Prague, Irma. It was a joy to see your excitement and apparent wish to leave no opportunity unphotographed. It was a pleasure to meat J. as well. I see that you have been around quite a bit from the photos you took. Poor J. having to walk everywhere with you.

I like the #1 for its lightness and cleanliness and yes, cheeriness. I remember you taking the photo and I thought - just a record shot, but in some gentle way, you made it more. I also like a lot #4, primarily for the vantage point. the same goes for #5. I hope that next time we will see the 2 of you longer.

Thanks you for very nice comments you left on Flickr. I am slow processing my photos. I just feel that most are just record shots and so i am not very motivated. I am barely through the first couple of days in Prague and i still have Sumava, Czech Paradise and more Prague later on in the trip. Angela twisted her ankle inside Pincas Synagogue. After that we crawled back to our hotel and the last day we spent in Henrietta going nowhere and waiting for our flight back.

P

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

Toad: I am very certain that you would like Prague a lot. I believe the best times of the day to take pictures are very early in the morning and later afternoon or evening. Not only because of the beautiful light, but because the city at noon was really crowded and we all were in the way of all.

Yes, Toad. I had a great trip. Thanks... Smile

Pavel... Yes we were high up in the gardens of the castle. J next day could walk... his legs were so painful... Sorry to know about Angela's accident. Hope she is fine now.

I am very happy you enjoy my pictures, Pavel. I got in love with the trams... Smile

Quote:I just feel that most are just record shots and so i am not very motivated.
I know what you mean, Pavel, and I thought the same when I saw my pictures at home. But then I thought that even my pictures could be post cards, there is no post card like my pictures because they carry my experience of being there, and they make them very special.... Smile

Thanks for your comment... Smile

Paul Cezanne

I'm so delighted you managed to meet with Pavel, even moreso given the challenge that you faced beforehand.
Actually Irma, these shots really do capture a crispness and freshness about the place; it seems to have a light all of its own. I think we can be too hard on ourselves sometimes, as if we've failed if we don't produce "fine art", or our sense of it; these ARE really good, capturing freshness, vigour, bustle, purpose; the colours and light are excellent; they are well-taken, well-crafted real shots of a real place. Who needs moody, arty and a host of other epithets? And whatever is wrong with postcards? Postcards sell precisely because they are pictures of a real place taken sympathetically and in attractive light: if one takes an image that works as a postcard, then that is generally a fine, sellable and attractive image.
I read of someone on these forums not so long back, opining that whe wouldn't "lower" himself to do weddings, for instance; this type of arrogance and snobbishness is damaging(not the least to fine practitioners of the latter!). If one has taken a photo that smacks of "postcardness", time to be proud of it, I'd say.
These are darn good shots Irma: for me they represent beautiful reflections of somehere that I do not know. Now, thanks to these shots, I wish I did.
Nice!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Sep 9, 2010, 09:05