Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

From the forest BW

Try a bit my composition in some scenes in the forest. I took them a bit overexposed to work a BW version of the pictures.
I've been working with my (24-105mm) I always find difficult to come back to this lens after taking macros for so long....

Any advice is very much appreciated.... Smile

[Image: IMG_6932-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7066-Edit.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

The second photo is stunning Irma. Perhaps the colour version is also quite beautiful.

Canon stuff.

no 2 is for sure a keeper!
no 1 for my taste seems to tilt towards the back a little too much, I would work on the perspective. and I think I would crop the dark off the bottom.

nice!!

#2 is exceptional - I would consider taking just a bit off the top to see if you can minimize the white space...because with the sky bleached, the reflection doesn't quite match.

Thanks for your comments and advice ... Smile

Chris, the color version is not so beautiful, the color of the reflection is kind of green, I had to burn and dodge it to give a good contrast there. The same I had to do in the foliage in the foreground to give some attraction there... Smile

Uli, I think the bottom of the picture is needed to have some foreground before the logs, that is why I took it this way. My composition was the diagonal of the dead trees and the straight line of the living tree... Perhaps the composition works better in a landscape format, or maybe the subjects and lines are not strong enough.... Smile

Toad, Unfortunatelly I couldn't make my sky a bit darker, and give texture. I had more sky and the continuation of the cloud you see in the left of the reflection....
Here is the cropped version...

[Image: IMG_7066-Editcrop.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

The sky is a little pale. You need darker blacks.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks Don, for your advice.
I have to try again, maybe my picture wasn't propperly exposed to have the right colors in the sky.

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Dec 23, 2013, 07:57
Last Post by squirl033
Feb 23, 2012, 02:16