Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

From the forest...

The other day I had in mind to take pictures of the forest. Actually, what I really wanted was to have one of those pictures from a foggy forest with sunbeams... and I found beautiful places... This one is the one I am more interested because they say it is an archeological place... so I got all my things and the tripod... That thing is heavy!! but as I thought I might not have enough light... well. I took it with me... and I don't regret it ...

I went into the forest and I didn't see any archeological thing... I was expecting to see some ruins or some stones... nothing... I just saw a hill full of leaves and a sign go this way... well I went up and started walking that road... Incredible!! fascinating!! it was like and upper road in the the middle of the forest.....

[Image: DSC_1062-01uproad.jpg]

I found this beautiful tree in the middle of the road... I got captivated by its roots.. so beautiful... The tree was slanted, even more of what it is in the picture... btw Smile

[Image: DSC_1054-01roots.jpg]

I got a little angst because I couldn't see the end of the road... and it was very funny because the place I was walking was so soft... I think I was walking in a road with years and years of falling leaves... Lots of mushrooms everywhere... anyway... When I was going out of the place I saw this

[Image: DSC_1075-01table.jpg]

I got fascinated... I should have tried more different angles and perspectives I think... but the table was not near the road of the forest...I had to cross to the place to get near the table.. I remove some high grass around to took the picture... I didn't move anything... I thought it would be like breaking something precious ...

Talking with G about this... and telling him about my frustration about not finding any archeological thing... he told me that the most probably was that that upper road in the forest was some sort of burrial place or tumbs from ancient tribes here... I didn't understand fully what the sign said and I never thought to take a picture of the sign and ask G what it was ...

I will come again... I really love this place... Hope you like the pictures Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Wow, Irma, it looks like a beautiful, eerie place. It looks very still and peaceful.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Irma...they are fantastic photos. I love number two. Well done Big Grin

Muzza

"The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer." -Anonymous

The one with the table is excellent. Reminds me of an earlier post I made with a bench in the forest.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Wonderful, reminds me of fall in England.

Thanks for sharing your adventures! Must be a great experience to get out on your own sometimes.. Big Grin

Pity you didn't find the archeological stuff, but nice pics nonetheless! Big Grin

hi irma

wooowww i really like the first one...i can almost smell the leaf. the colours.

nice

regards

christian

These are gorgeous! I wanna move to your town.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Dec 23, 2013, 07:57
Last Post by squirl033
Feb 23, 2012, 02:16