Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fruits (still life)

I like very much to take pictures of apple. Maybe because the are round and friendly looking... Pears are also fruits I feel very connected with... Wink

Simple composition of two that I tried to work as one. I worked my direction and interest points with the stems... Both beautiful subjects.

[Image: IMG_5452-Edit.jpg]

I worked this still with a glass of water to give light, this reflection in the glass is more styled than the other one, the clementine now is in this presentation. I found this pear in the supermarket and I saw it so beautiful, that I immediately imagined it in a picture.

[Image: IMG_5496-Edit.jpg]

#3 Another composition here with white cloth. I like a lot the light the cloth gives to the image.

[Image: IMG_5468-Edit.jpg]

I hope you find them interesting.
Thanks for looking... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Wow!!

#1 is amazing - sublime in its simplicity. I love the interrelation of the pear and apple and the table sets them in a perfect context.

The oranges look great in #2 and #3 (lovely and juicy). I very much like the addition of the apple in #3. I am not crazy about the white fabric, though - it breaks the earthy, woody tones of the fruit and table, I think.

I am not sure what processing you have done on these, but I am very impressed by the visual qualities that you have brought to these still lifes - and #1 ranks among my favorites in this genre that I have seen in a long time.

Beautiful work, Irma!

Thanks Toad.... Smile

I also think that #1 is one of my best this year. I worked my lights in a very diffused way. I found that placing a diffuser in front of the soft box gives beautiful light. My post processing was mainly with colors, all colors are desaturated and only the ones I wanted increased I did it separately. Just a little bit of cleaning in Topaz.

But most of all it was the inspiration, the apples were so beautiful. Good thing that they were also tasty, as I buy them mainly for Juergen's lunch box. Smile

Paul Cezanne

I have to agree with Toad (not that that's difficult to do) - the first image is exceptional, with superb lighting and detail.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

They are all excellent, as always.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

They have a kind of solemnity, like a classic painting. Not easy to achieve that.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks all for your kind comments... Smile

Matthew, Once you commented on one of my pictures that you liked to see flowers with imperfections, because they make them look real. That comment has marked a lot my photography, and I always remember to leave something to make them look real. For that comment you gave me time ago, I thank you a lot too... Smile

NT, Thanks... Smile

Don, Yes, that was the effect I wanted to achieve.

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Sep 24, 2017, 18:39