Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Garibaldi Region # 3

Another couple photos from the area during our Garibaldi hike. This was about 5kms farther into the hike past Garibaldi Lake toward the glacier. In the early summer this area is rich with colour.
[Image: Near-a-meadow.jpg]

[Image: Near-a-meadow-2.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Nice images, C.

One thing that I am discovering about using a polarizer on blue skies is to zoom in - on any kind of wide angle - there can be quite a variation in the color of the sky (note the difference between your #1 and #2 shots - same angle basically - but different focal length).

Mine are more severe than yours - as I shot a lot at 24-28mm and Velvia is less forgiving because of it's heavy saturation.

Very nice shots Colin, the weather looks beautiful.

Regards,
peter

D70

So very right Toad. One thing also that I forget to do is rotate it. Rolleyes
Thank you very much Peter. Good to see you around. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Toad Wrote:Nice images, C.

One thing that I am discovering about using a polarizer on blue skies is to zoom in - on any kind of wide angle - there can be quite a variation in the color of the sky (note the difference between your #1 and #2 shots - same angle basically - but different focal length).

That's because polarizers are most effective at right angles to the sun - pointed toward (not AT) or directly away from the sun, they have little or no effect at all. When your shot spans close to 90 degrees, you'll get the full range of polarization effect.

"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them. So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
-Marcus Cole

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post