Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gateshead

Millennium Bridge.. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like a beautiful location! Nice job!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

First image was a little bit confusing once I find out the other scenery below the bridge and get framed by the composition but the subject scene eventually is the bridge right?

Your second image is superb!! I love the mood given by the color temp and the non-crowded situation of your image. Silent night Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

I think I prefer the first image, Ed, both for composition and mood. I assume that the difference is white balance setting. Was this in camera or post? I was interested that you got a very good depth of field even though you were shooting at f3.5, and no sign of distortion even with lens at 18mm.

Thanks Photoplay. I intended to show a repeat of curves, Foreground Bridge, Middle right, Glass Dome, and Green Millennium Bridge at back.
Story. I was not aware the bridge at rear cycled through 4 colours, Green, Blue, Red, and White. Found out when we got the the far end and watched, took pics. Came on rain, so we packed up, made for home. Took these in 2010, Photoshop a mystery then, (Still is a fair bit). About a year ago had a look again, and decided to colour the bridge green, Sampled the Green I had, and set to! took me a few hours to get what I wanted, finally happy, I thought!! On looking full screen, realized there was no reflection, so another hour to get it. I am naturally left handed, but always used my right for mouse, but not accurate, was eventually pleased with result. I have attached 2 pics, one on the 4 Bridges that cross the Tyne river, and the other the Millennium bridge, which twice a day swivels up to allow ships to pass. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks Deane. The effect was Photoshop, post processing, at one time in the earlier evening, it was not unlike this. The lens was the bog standard 18/55mm?, supplied with the camera, at that time a Minolta Magnum 5D, 6M Pixels. Changed to a Sony,a290, 14M Pixels, and really see no real difference. Law of Diminishing Returns? Ed.

(Sep 12, 2013, 10:46)EdMak Wrote:  Millennium Bridge.. Ed.

I like the second one way better than the first one. First one is just not working for me with that popping green. Second one is calm and quiet and nice to look at longer than a few seconds. I just keep wondering would it maybe be even more better if you had removed bridge leftovers from the top corners..

(Sep 13, 2013, 03:41)EdMak Wrote:  ... I have attached 2 pics, one on the 4 Bridges that cross the Tyne river...

I really like that one Smile

Yes, I could live without the corners. Thanks. Ed.