Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gecko

Ok, hammer away.....................

Attached Files Image(s)

Hello czkid.

It's not about being hammered, but trying to find out if the camera image can be developed into something that is more how we see the scene in our mind's eye. Obviously, this is also a matter of opinion as Edmak keeps reminding us - each to his own - so any edits are bound to recreate the image as each of us would see it. However, it is also part of learning and being open to experiment, by seeing the effects that a few software adjustments can have on the appearance of the image.

For me, the gecko shot is a good capture of the animal - I usually find that most mobile wild animals disappear as soon as I lift up my camera! In this edit using PaintShop Pro X6, firstly I have removed the distracting leaf; then as the image in Showcase seemed a bit flat to me, these adjustments were made (although I can never remember in which order) - brightness down, contrast and saturation up, and sharpness up - as always, in small step-by-step increments until it looks OK to me.

Cheers.
Philip

I wouldn't change much, maybe some light sharpening and a small boost in contrast. Works for me with or without the leaf.

Thanks, MrB = I appreciate the critiques. And, I don't mind being "hammered" as I would say, I have a very dry sense of humor. I've gotten really serious critiques, and they helped me develop my camera sense. I have found that individual perspectives differ, i.e., 'tweaking" via Photoshop, or Paintshop, some people like natural captures, others like tweaking captures, so, whoever critiques, sometimes according to what they see in their minds eye. And, the artist in me likes the leaf LOL

(Apr 15, 2015, 06:25)MrB Wrote:  Hello czkid.

It's not about being hammered, but trying to find out if the camera image can be developed into something that is more how we see the scene in our mind's eye. Obviously, this is also a matter of opinion as Edmak keeps reminding us - each to his own - so any edits are bound to recreate the image as each of us would see it. However, it is also part of learning and being open to experiment, by seeing the effects that a few software adjustments can have on the appearance of the image.

For me, the gecko shot is a good capture of the animal - I usually find that most mobile wild animals disappear as soon as I lift up my camera! In this edit using PaintShop Pro X6, firstly I have removed the distracting leaf; then as the image in Showcase seemed a bit flat to me, these adjustments were made (although I can never remember in which order) - brightness down, contrast and saturation up, and sharpness up - as always, in small step-by-step increments until it looks OK to me.

Cheers.
Philip

Same as Philip really,although I did do a bit of selective sharpening. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!