Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

German North Sea and a quick hello

Hello everyone,

we just got back from a few days very relaxing holiday time at the German north sea, and tomorrow I am leaving again
to see my father for his 70th birthday....

so no time to go through all new posts since last week, but I am happy to see lots of activity on ST!

I just quickly wanted to show you two of my favorites from the north sea, I haven't even had time to view all my shots.
It was raining a lot while we were there, which is typical and to be expected when you go up there, but I love the place sincerely,
between showers of rain you get the greatest light, and I enjoy the wind and the dikes and all.

[Image: IMG_2340-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2328-Edit.jpg]

my warmest greetings to you all, I hope you are enjoying the summer wherever you are spending it!

Uli

Glad to hear you had a fun trip and thanx for the wishes, What are those cabins on the grass, changing rooms?

John

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Good to see you've made it back and are having a good time. Wish your father a happy birthday for us. Smile

I like the oddity of the first photo, it's a very unusual scene.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Uli, I love the photos. They seem to have a humorous, other-worldly feel to them. I particularly like the first one for it strong composition and simplicity. Pavel

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

Thanks very much guys!

These things are "strandkoerbe" or, literally, "beach baskets", you can rent them to sit in, they will fit 2 adults + a couple of toddlers.
look at this one for example (not my shot)

It's because it is so windy up there people seek shelter while on the beach. this year there weren't many beach tourists.

Uli

I like these shots. I've never seen anything like those beach baskets before.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post